HoReCa Digital GmbH
Düsseldorf / Berlin
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
HoReCa.digital is METRO AG's newly established internal digital strategy consulting group. HoReCa.digital is a ~20-person strong team established by the CEO and accountable for leading and guiding the implementation of the company's 'digital restaurant' innovation initiative in support of its €30 billion wholesale 'cash & carry' club business. We are seeking someone super smart and with an agile personality who can build and run our HoReCa brand community and storytelling practice and helps take our offline and online stakeholder relationships to an entirely new level. Become part of a new, pivotal innovation team inside METRO Group that is entrepreneurial, collaborative, and forward-looking with an emphasis on immediate action and impact within a long-term strategic view.
Therefore we are looking for an Evangelist (m/f) METRO Stakeholder Relations.
With a series of subjects and stories focused on global-local hospitality industry and innovation trends, the "Evangelist METRO Stakeholder Relations" builds a sustained presence and opinion leadership among startups, investors and other industry and innovation stakeholder groups relevant to METRO’s digital restaurant innovation brand and the core customers represented (i.e. independent entrepreneurs in the hotel, restaurant and catering sector). To this effect, the Evangelist shall use adequate formats from the digital and analog world and shape a receptive community that sustainably recognizes and follows METRO as an innovation driver in this sector. The Evangelist shall in particular rely on compelling content, events and social media with the aim of creating both relevance and reach across all relevant channels and communities.
- Storytelling competence: with a mindset of emotional storylines (not just facts and figures), candidates bring proven ability to detect ‘and cultivate ‘the story’ and have the know-how to prepare and market it in an intelligent and emotional way across appropriate channels. To that end, the Evangelist must possess ability to build up suspense and be able to combine corresponding touch-points with their constituencies, to create a journey that is worthwhile exploring. This includes creating and implementing an integral end-to-end communications concept to reach and activate all relevant stakeholders, channels and media.
- Social media native: to address the relevant target groups, the Evangelist must know how to purposefully use the channels and media available to sustainably generate followership and buzz for issues that go beyond the spectacular. Applicants must have held positions in which they were responsible for, and managed professional accounts on Facebook / Twitter etc. and have at least some experience in writing and editing of original copy.
- Event expertise: the Evangelist position presupposes a great instinct for creating fascinating and attractive events that capture the attention of all relevant target groups both on substance as well as at the atmospheric / emotional level. To that end, the role will establish and manage thought-leadership events across Europe and beyond and interface with others inside METRO to help render our program and its spirit perceptible, accessible and comprehensible in such a way that it appeals to a maximum number of people from all relevant stakeholder groups (startup scene, founders, investors, restaurateurs etc.).
- Startup ecosystem knowledge: The Evangelist must be familiar with and connected into the startup scene, be a "regular feature" in this scene and consider him/herself part of the larger emerging tech ecosystem – preferably beyond the confines of Berlin.
- Corporation-"savvy": to adapt to the needs and requirements of working in Communications, the applicant must have a sound understanding of the targets and needs of a corporate group as well as of its way of working and be willing to work in the (extended) environment of a corporation
- Languages: in view of the international orientation of METRO, fluent spoken and written English is a must. Additional language skills preferred.
- Understanding of complex digital ecosystems and their stakeholders
- A track record building and growing branded online communities
- Experience in orchestrating and moderating small-scale events
- At least some expertise in writing and editing of original copy
- A constant urge to introduce fresh ideas and insights in a relevant way
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- A high energy personality that is both detail oriented and a critical thinker
- Proven success in online content marketing (owned and earned media)
- Know-how curating and moderating small-scale events and workshops
- Basic web publishing and social media expertise
- Ability to travel internationally based on project scope and size
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hospitality industry experience a big plus
- Fluency in English required, other languages a big plus
Metro AG, HR Campus, Nadine Wulf
Metro Str. 8, 40235 Düsseldorf