Product Content Operations Manager (m/f) - Joss & Main
Sales Management Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2015
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
So who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States and we’re ready to make Berlin our new European Headquarters! Join us at Wayfair where we are a zillions things home, together with our other brands AllModern and Joss&Main. Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest new international companies? Then keep on reading!
The Product Content Operations team is responsible for the data manipulation and quality assurance of each product launching on Joss & Main each day. As the Event Production Manager, you’ll work closely with Joss & Main leadership to refine the event/flash sales production process while managing three Event Production teams – copywriting, merchandising and event coordination - across multiple countries, speaking multiple languages.
The ideal candidate should have people management experience, strike an effective balance between short-term and long-term initiatives, and respond constructively to new demands, priorities, challenges and feedback. Joss & Main is a fast-paced environment, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with multiple teams, partners, and management.
As a Product Content Operations Manager, you are cool under fire and capable of motivating your team in a constantly evolving environment. You have an insatiable need to understand how things work, coupled with an ability to make your team’s performance better, both collectively and individually. The Joss & Main team is tight-knit, collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit. The ability to partner well with this team and work until the job is done is the hallmark of our most successful Production Managers.
- Partner with senior management to define product data standards and quality targets, being proactive about process improvements and demonstrating a problem-solving attitude
- Lead a large team of Joss & Main Merchandisers, Event Coordinators and Copywriters to specific throughput and quality metrics
- Develop each team member in their current role and in their professional growth, must have ability to coach junior and mid-level staff
- Maintain the highest expectation level for team performance
- Lead process improvement discussions across the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Buying, Creative and Planning to drive process efficiency and improved communication
- Drive customer satisfaction by improving the quality of product information via merchandising standards
- Exhibit flexibility and patience with the ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and changes in direction
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge; stay on top of category and market trends
Desired Skills & Experience
- Several years managing an operational, merchandising or other relevant team is preferred
- Must speak English and German or French fluently
- Experience with e-commerce KPIs, especially in a start-up environment, a plus
- Change management experience - the ability to facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Process focused, with a tireless focus on quality and efficiency output
- Effective manager and team motivator with experience managing 4 or more direct reports
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Analytical thinker who looks for answers in the data
- Familiarity with private sales trends and developments
- Demonstrated success in a directly relevant role
- Excel proficiency a must
- Familiarity with SQL a plus
What we offer
- A smart, dynamic and international work environment
- Competitive salary and bonus
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- You have the unique opportunity to play an active part in growing a major e-commerce company towards a market leading position in the European market
- We actively participate in your personal development (talent management, trainings)
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Regular team events
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: engineering.wayfair.com
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/TheRealWayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.