Front-End Developer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
GIVE US SOME STYLE.
Front-end Developer (CSS) (m/f) in Berlin.
Be the bridge between our programmers and design team. We're on the hunt for a CSS3 and HTML5 expert.
Are you sick of being treated like a code bot?
You’re not a traditional artist, but you definitely have an eye for design. Just mindlessly recreating wireframes day after day is killing your soul.
You want to take an active role in the process - combining the art of design with the art of programming, and defining both functionality and visual style of an application.
You could be doing cool stuff, why bother?
So why the heck are you staying at that job? You deserve better:
- More responsibility: you won’t be a code monkey. Your input will be sought through the whole design and development process.
- Work that actually means something, building products that solve real problems (aka not another “Yo app”).
- Building cool things; we build really impressive things for the World Bank, the United Nations, CNN… And when we’re not busy doing Big data work for USAID or building the next generation of mobile apps for the Chinese market for a global player in the Food & Beverage industry, we work on our own products (devo.ps, chato.ps, SweepBoard, ClassyDocs…). Who are we looking for?
We’d like to find somebody who
- Experienced with web design implementation. You should be able to demonstrate 3+ years of HTML5 and CSS3 experience (using SCSS or LESS), with the ability to convert design files into pixel-perfect HTML.
- Has experience with design tools. You should be familiar with Sketch, Photoshop etc.
- Is mobile-ready. You know your way around Bootstrap or a similar responsive framework. You should have experience in both cross-browser development and mobile.
- Likes to learn and experiment. There’s rarely a dull moment at the office, we’re constantly trying out new tools and framework. You should be keen learner, with the ability to quickly pick up new technologies.
- Puts the ME in TEAM. You can work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
- Is a crazy-awesome multi-tasker. We’re a busy team, with multiple projects on the go. You definitely won’t get bored working on the same thing, day after day.
- Has attention to detail. You always follow coding best practices, and picking up on things that others miss is second nature to you.
What the heck are you waiting for? Here's a few reasons on why you'll have a blast, guaranteed:
- We build sh*t that matters for some of the biggest organizations in the world, from Google to Starbucks and the UN. We built the software running the elections of Myanmar (not kidding) and fixed HR with machine learning for billion-dollar companies.
- We're wicked smart, passionate and don't settle on quality. You'll get to learn from some of the smartest folks in town and grow your skills like never before.
- We care about each other... a lot! We try really hard to keep everybody happy, whether it's with perks (free snacks, Macbook, ergonomic chair, books, standing desks...), flexible working hours, company trips or generous vacation and remote work policies. Our playbook has all the deets.
- We use cool tech and encourage people to learn. Most of our colleagues are T-shaped. If you're not, we'll help you get there. We used Node.js, Drip campaigns, React, A/B testing, Figma, Docker and design thinking before it was cool. (We know, so hipster).
- We have a strong culture built on trust. We're transparent and treat our colleagues like responsible adults. Read more about our culture in our playbook.
- We're in Berlin, Shanghai, and soon NYC. We also occasionally have folks moving around offices or working remotely.