Frontend Software Developer (m/w)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Foodo is a regional online supermarket for Lake Constance and beyond. We offer local, healthy and high quality food from regional producers and trusted brands. We make grocery shopping quick & easy. We offer groceries at a fair price and deliver them directly to the customer’s doorstep.
We are currently in the startup phase and will launch in Konstanz / Kreuzlingen in summer 2015. If the pilot is successful we intent to rollout the content across the German and Swiss markets.
You can be part of the founding team of foodo and work as a member of a small, dynamic, and cross-functional team to see the idea of an online supermarket take flight - a unique learning and growth opportunity.
The Business System Programmer will be part of the foodo technology team consisting of our Head of SW & Technology plus 2-3 programmers (potentially supported by external resources to develop the webshop, apps and business system). The business system programmer will be responsible to co-develop the foodo business system including the business database (MongoDB), a Strongloop Server (Node.JS) and the foodo business functions (Angular.JS, Node.JS).
Job title: Business Software Developer – Frontend 80% / Backend 20%
Reports to: Head of SW & Technology / CTO
The full development lifecycle of Foodo frontend/mobile apps:
- Online shop UI development and testing
- Mobile apps development (nice to have; mainly Android)
- Continuous integration & deployment
- Continuous application improvement & release planning
Location: Kreuzlingen (CH) or Konstanz (D)
Needed when: Yesterday (Aprill 2015)
Reasons to Work with Us
- Be part of an innovative startup – unique learning experience and exceptional growth opportunity:
- Be part of a small, highly motivated, cross-functional start-up team.
- Co-create a new business model with a chance to revolutionize the food industry.
- Low bureaucracy, non-political, dynamic and fast moving work environment.
- Chances to grow with the business and take broad responsibility early on.
- Chance to design and realize an e-commerce cross platform application with all its facets in-cluding system integration across the whole stack.
- Work with an engaged and passionate team in a challenging and caring work environment
- Location in or close to Konstanz with its great quality of life.
- Competitive salary with incentive program
- We are agile and work with Kanban to get things done (Trello)
- We have a BIG stock of food
What You Will Be Doing
- Core business system elements to be developed:
- Core functions: online shop pages and new UI features
- Foodo online shop UI: Angular.JS and Bootstrap
- Mobile apps development: responsive, hybrid and native
- API development: Mobile APPs, Finance, HR and BI/Analytics
Core technologies applied
- Modern Web Application Architecture
- Frontend: HTML5/CSS3, Angular.JS, JQuery
- Backend: Node.JS (Loopback Framework), NoSQL, Mongo DB
- Agile Development
- Work focused on results and not time spent on a task.
- Research technical issues and provide recommendations to enhance the system.
- Work independently and with the team.
What we need
- Proven innovative thinker with ability to work flexible hours
- Expert in frontend/mobile development, particularly with Angular.JS, JQuery, Bootstrap
- Experience with MongoDB or a similar NoSQL database
- Knowledge in development and deployment of scalable web applications
- Understanding of the processes inside of an e-commerce system
- Experience using and creating RESTful APIs
- A great team player!
- Must be localized in or willing to relocate to Kreuzlingen or Konstanz (or close by)
What would be nice to have
- Experience frontend and API security: sessions, gateway, OAuth2, SSL etc.
- Native app development skills mainly for Android, but also for iOS or hybrid
- Continuous deployment/integration techniques and automation.
- AWS infrastructure management as an advantage
- Version control systems, GIT in particular.
- Basic knowledge of german is required
- Development and documentation is in english
- We are looking for developers who are ready to reallocate
- to our office in Konstanz/Kreuzlingen