Frontend Software Engineer (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a full-time Frontend Engineer (Content Authoring Tools) (m/f, full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7,000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning.
You are a creative, innovative problem-solver with the vision to make things work. You are a motivated software engineer with a passion for frontend who loves to work with ambitious colleagues in a challenging environment.
Your mission will be to significantly enhance the content authoring capabilities of our teams - as well as implement completely new features - while taking existing content to the next level.
As an Frontend Engineer for our internal tools you will work together with product owners, backend engineers and the Didactics team. We will enable the team to deliver high-quality content to make our product truly shine.
- Work as part of an agile team to deliver internal tools for our products in a fast paced environment
- Experiment with new frontend development technologies to build a git based content production pipeline
- Use a test, learn and adapt approach to work with stakeholders to build an optimal content authoring tool experience
- Continuously analyse and re-build tools to optimally support the on-site and off-site content production process
- Work closely together with product owners, designers and the didactics team to develop the best user experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Very good knowledge of Git and ideally the GitHubAPI
- Very good knowledge of distributed workflows
- Passionate about continuous test-driven development, unit/ functional automatic testing
- Well experienced in at least one client-side framework (e.g. single-page web application framework like AngularJS or ember.js)
- OPTIONAL: Experience with Ruby, databases, Regex, Lint is a plus
- Software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contribution
- Can do attitude, great team player
- OPTIONAL: understanding of lean and agile practices, in particular Scrum and Kanban
- Tackle tricky and rewarding problems with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)