Frontend Software Engineer (Content Authoring Tools) (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a full-time Frontend Engineer (Content Authoring Tools) (m/f, full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7,000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning.
You are a creative, innovative problem-solver with the vision to make things work. You are a motivated software engineer with a passion for frontend who loves to work with ambitious colleagues in a challenging environment.
Your mission will be to significantly enhance the content authoring capabilities of our teams - as well as implement completely new features - while taking existing content to the next step.
As an Frontend Engineer for our internal tools you will work together with a product owner, backend engineers and the Didactics team to enable the team to deliver high-quality, optimised products and features.
- Work as part of an agile team to deliver internal tools for our products in a fast paced environment
- Experiment with new frontend development technologies to build a streamlined content production pipeline
- Use a test, learn and adapt approach to work with stakeholders to build optimal editor experience
- Continuesly analyse and re-build tools to optimally support the on-site and off-site content production process
- Work closely together with product owners, designers and the didactics team to develop the best editor experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Good knowledge of Git, HTML, CSS, REST, REGEX, Lint, MVC, TDD, unit/ functional automatic testing
- OPTIONAL: Experience with Ruby, databases, Regex, Lint is a plus
- Software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contribution
- Passion for building scalable distributed solutions and services using proven software design techniques
- Can do attitude, great team player
- OPTIONAL: understanding of lean and agile practices, in particular Scrum and Kanban
- Tackle tricky and rewarding problems with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)
Please apply via: https://babbel.workable.com/j/E623C381BF