Full Stack Developer (m/f)
Factory Works GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Factory’s IT Department is looking for a full stack developer with a focus on Elixir to help identify, plan, implement, and deploy systems to support our mission of creating the best possible startup community and connecting the right people. The opening is for our Berlin HQ. The successful candidate is one who can embrace our core values, is a good team player and an avid problem solver.
By joining our team, you get the chance to work for Germany's largest startup campus with a network that includes Google, DigitalOcean or Techstars among others. You will see the impact of your job directly in our community. We always try to use the best tool for the job and are open to your suggestions. You will have the luxury of working for a company that is not afraid of using cutting edge technology. Moving fast is key for us.
Note: We are aware that Elixir is a quite young language and that there aren’t that many developers out there. If you are an experienced developer in a language like Ruby, understand functional programming and can convince us that you are a talented problem solver and quick learner you might just be right for the job.
The candidate will work on member management, application process, customer relationship management, data collection, payment and match-making solutions. At times this involves evolving our existing solutions to meet new requirements; on other occasions, this requires building out new tools or rebuilding existing tools as needed. The candidate will work alongside other developers, designers, project managers, and business stakeholders to make decisions and ensure priorities are met. The next main project will include applying machine-learning techniques to understand our community better and create valuable matches.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or the equivalent in demonstrable work experience
- 3-8 years experience building and deploying large-scale web applications
- A generalist with in-depth knowledge in an area or two
- Comfortable failing fast and passionate about both code quality and shipping on time
- Experienced as both a producer and consumer of services and APIs
- Passionate about software as a craft and teaching what you know
- Eager to review peer code and have your code reviewed
- Ready to be faced with both green-field projects as well as existing code to analyze, fix, or replace
- Able to set a high bar for yourself and the rest of your team
- Backend: Elixir
- Database: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch. In the future Neo4j
- Infrastructure: Docker
- Source Control: Git
The right candidate does not need to have experience in those specific technologies but should at least have an interest in some or all of them. The things we’re looking for:
- A clear understanding of system design and micro services
- Extensive knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, responsive design, SASS
- Proficiency in at least one mainstream compiled language (Elixir, Objective-C, C#, Java, etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one mainstream interpreted language (Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL and database design
- Proficiency in Git and source control in a team environment
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented and/or Functional Programming patterns and principles
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
Factory’s mission is to digitalize the German and European economies. A next generation business club fostering innovation, Factory connects the right people to build relationships that actually matter and empowers entrepreneurs to make a real impact, creating the world of tomorrow. Through a unique membership model, Factory’s curated community brings together the brightest minds from all over the globe. Its network includes freelancers, startups from all possible stages and verticals, established corporations from the old and new economy, as well as investors and leading influencers from politics and science. Factory operates the first and largest startup campus in Germany, a meeting point for the community of innovators, which provides access to an inspiring work environment and exclusive events.
- You will be given a great opportunity for professional growth and self-improvement on a strategic and creative level
- You will work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted and exciting company
- You will work alongside a team of smart and ambitious professionals
- You will receive competitive pay as well as the opportunity for employee equity
Do you feel you’re the right fit for this opening and are excited about starting your next challenge? Then apply at Factory by sending us your application. We look forward to meeting you!