Full-Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails) - Marketing Tech (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Beginn: November 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a full-time Rails Full-Stack Engineer (m/f, full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning.
Our flexible cloud-based backend infrastructure consists of multiple high-performance rails services serving more than 20.000 requests per minute to users worldwide via different clients (Android, iOS, Web).
You are an experienced Full-Stack developer that loves to solve challenging technical problems working together with ambitious colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
Your mission will be to support our Marketing Team to optimize the technical infrastructure for user-acquisition and user-retention in close cooperation with experienced colleagues from other engineering teams.
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team closely together with the Marketing team to improve user-acquisition and user-retention.
- Optimize tools and services for User Tracking, Data Analysis & Customer Relationship Management
- Identify and implement innovative solutions and ensure long-term stability and maintainability of our code base
- Ensure code quality and participate in code reviews
- Ensure browser support and compatibility across devices
- Take ownership of features, work with the team and stakeholders to implement great functionality and stunning user experience
- Work closely together with other engineering teams (backend, mobile, devops) to ensure seamless user experience and efficient overall architecture
- At least 3+ years experience with the full Ruby on Rails application stack
- Proven experience with Software engineering practices: TDD, unit/functional automated testing, CI, software design and architecture
- Open-minded for and interested in Performance Marketing (SEM, SEO, Display Marketing, CRM, Social Media)
- Fluent in English
- Experience with design and consumption of REST-based APIs
- Passion about Web Standards
- Software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contributions
- Bonus: Experience with Tracking Services
- OPTIONAL Experience with building multi-language web applications
- OPTIONAL Experience with database backends (SQL/noSQL)
- Tackle high volume, scalable problems with cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change how millions of users worldwide learn languages
- Responsibility from day one the support to grow professionally and personally
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags
Why work at Babbel?
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)