Head of Engineering (m/f)
Future of Work Solutions GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2018
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Journeyman is hiring! We’re on the hunt for a Hands-on Head of Engineering (m/f) to take full ownership and responsibility for our product. Join us, re-shape how professionals can apply their skills and experience worldwide and change the life of people who’ve never had the opportunity to experience living abroad with one of the most promising early stage startups in Berlin (as featured in “The Hundert”).
Who we are
We’re on a mission to create the world’s leading community platform for the global exchange of skilled workers. Starting off, we’re matching highly skilled construction and industry professionals from German speaking Europe with companies in the US, New Zealand, Australia and Canada. We are enabling people who have never had the opportunity to spend significant time in another country to have a unique work experience abroad – enabling an exchange of culture and knowledge.
As we are gaining traction, thousands of skilled workers have already joined the Journeyman community and many of them are currently having the time of their life abroad. To support and spur our growth we want to further develop our platform and as our Head of Engineering, you are going to play a formative role in the future of Journeyman’s development.
What we’re offering
- Our team is our most valuable asset and we invest heavily towards providing everyone with what’s needed to perform at their best. You’ll have the freedom to pursue new ideas, trends, and technologies and stay up to date with current developments
- Work on a pretty green field – help define the roadmap and build our product and engineering team from scratch
- Collaborate with highly experienced professionals and further develop your leadership capabilities
- Connect and share with our network of founders and investors in the Berlin ecosystem
- Be part of an international team in a highly effective environment. We get things done but also value our time off
- A competitive salary, stock options, and attractive benefits
- Build a product with a purpose – help others to have an awesome time abroad
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead Journeyman’s engineering efforts and define the technical stack and architecture. Current stack: NodeJS, React, AWS (Serverless), NoSQL, ElasticSearch
- Design and build the key platform functionalities together with the product team
- Connect the core platform with supporting applications and services
- Ensure the performance and security of the platform
- Hands-on full-stack developer with a very pragmatic approach and a strategic perspective
- Proven experience with similar platform projects and leadership responsibilities. Start-up experience as well as time abroad is a plus
- Curious, insightful, proactive, and motivated – you enjoy exploring new ideas and ways of tackling tough problems
- High level of commitment and ownership
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
If you can see yourself revolutionizing working abroad and enabling a global exchange of culture and knowledge, we want to hear from you!