Gameplay Physics Programmer (m/f)
Gaijin Network Ltd.
Beginn: Juni 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Gaijin Entertainment is the largest independent video game developer in Russia. Founded in 2002, we currently employ more than 150 people consisting of industry thought leaders and highly qualified specialists from all over the world. To cater to the fast growth of our European office in Karlsruhe, Germany, we are now looking for a performance-driven Gameplay Physics Programmer (m/f).
In our successful history, we have developed more than 30 games for different platforms: PC, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android. Today, the company’s main project is War Thunder — a cross-platform MMO combat game for PC, PlayStation 4, Mac OS and Linux, dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles and fleets. War Thunder is a launch title for the PlayStation®4, making Gaijin the first Russian developer to ever have a game featured as a launch title on any console in history.
When creating games, we use our own proprietary technology, the Dagor Engine, which has received several Best Technology awards from industry pundits.
- Completed relevant university-level degree or an equivalent apprenticeship.
- At least 3 years of experience in physics programming.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- Experience with code refactoring and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and optimization methods.
- Familiarity with implementing client / server architectures.
- Outstanding mathematical skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Passion for playing and making games.
- Good command of English and/or Russian.
What we offer:
- Unique, friendly and modern open office environment in the heart of the technology region of Karlsruhe, located in the south of Germany. A perfect location to work and have fun; close to the border of France and Switzerland.
- Performance-oriented work environment and responsible, challenging and versatile position in one of the most creative and exciting industries.
- Flat hierarchy and fast decision making paths
- Be a part of one of the award winning and fastest growing gaming companies with an international team of professionals in several countries that believes in sharing ideas and helping each other grow
- Opportunity to take on strategic responsibilities and to develop your own projects
- Employee benefits (e.g. fitness studio, drinks)
To apply for this position, send us your completed application (a letter of introduction, your CV and qualification certificates) including your salary expectations, preferably as a digital document, with the subject "Gameplay Physics Programmer", to firstname.lastname@example.org, also mentioning how you found out about the position. Please be aware that we can only consider applicants with a valid working permission in Germany/EU.