General Manager Europe (m/f)
Marketing Operations Management
Beginn: Oktober 2015
Does your wish list include a fast growing startup with a disruptive business model, autonomy in your role – and you love design? If it does, you’re looking in the right place.
99designs is the leading graphic design marketplace serving the creative needs of solo entrepreneurs, startups, established companies and agencies in virtually every industry. We’ve paid out over €100M to our community of one million designers in just 6 years. In April 2015, we received $10 million in Series B funding led by Recruit Strategic Partners and our Series A investors, Accel Partners.
With offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Rio and Melbourne, we are a rapidly growing team with a culture for encouraging passionate people to create and grow. Everyone has a voice and everyone shapes our future.
99designs is looking for a Regional Manager to expand our business in Europe. 99designs has a strong and growing position in Europe, localized in German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. With Germany and the UK being within our top 5 markets worldwide and 25% of our community of 1 million registered designers from Europe, you’re off to a great start.
What you’ll do
- Managing and growing our European team, a passionate, international group of marketing and customer support experts (currently 15 people)
- Create and execute with our European marketing team the marketplace growth strategy including brand and acquisition marketing, public relations, events and community building activities – working closely with our experts in San Francisco and Melbourne
- Represent our brand in media, conferences and events
- Prioritize among the million things we could do, execute with excellence, learn (and fail) fast, own the results
- Take on the managing directors role of our German legal entity (GmbH)
Great opportunity, if you
- Have 5+ years experience in an agency, an internet business or design related business, with strong business development knowledge and demonstrated general management capabilities
- Have an excellent understanding of online marketing techniques and how to build a brand
- Experience hiring, leading and coaching a team
- Are an awesome communicator who can represent 99designs
- Bring great language skills as a (near) native speaker of English and German, additional languages welcome, but not necessary
Please apply with your resume and cover letter as well as salary expectations (English or German).
I’m looking forward to meet you and give you more insights in our business strategy and the position.