General Manager (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Dezember 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
General Manager (m/f) – Berlin/ Germany
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services our members need to create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
We’re a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who instill the idea of working better together in everything that we do. Our success is the result of our collaboration: talented and outstanding team members who always challenge convention. We have over 20,000 members in our community that spans cities around the world.
We transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our members thrive in communities online. Our ability to aggregate their needs enables us to offer them a variety of support services at a value that would otherwise be unavailable to them. We always go the extra mile to help them in their effort to build sustainable businesses and successful lives.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started.
The WeWork Germany Management team is seeking for an innovative, results-oriented General Manager to open a Berlin office and to help open up the German business. The General Manager will be based in Berlin and the ideal candidate has a solid leadership background and business judgment with a track record of successful management in the hospitality industry or experience in retail startups with strong growth in an international setting.
Goals & Objectives
- Lead and manage qualitative and quantitative performance in operations, community and sales of several buildings and locations in the market
- Build and grow the WeWork brand through events, public relations efforts, brand awareness, and local specialized support
- Be the voice of your local markets internally and partner with key functions such as real estate, finance, IT, digital, HR, development, sales marketing and communications to grow the WeWork community
- Lead the Community Management teams in your markets to achieve the following:
- Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and personal introductions
- Ensure that buildings are fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Manage sales process and churn
- Team development and growth
- Manage all KPIs for the market
- Core alignment with the company mission and values
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set the tone for the team, demand performance, and drive results while also growing the next generation of leaders in the market and in the company. Responsible for all hiring and firing in the market.
- Be the local market presence to support Real Estate Team in selection of future market sights
- Assist in programming the physical space with the DoD Team
- Help manage the P&L - member growth, occupancy, revenue & margins - managing budgets & pro forma
- Be ultimately responsible for health of community and experience of buildings
- Be ultimately responsible for performance of local community team and for local organizational health
- Navigate local regulatory status and work with legal on government relations
- Coordinate with communications. Be the local spokesperson for press
- Build and manage high level relationships and partnerships with in the market
- Partner with HQ to manage vendor relationships
- Mentor multiple teams in several locations to reach Community goals and execute on all objectives
- Act as liaison between your city teams and the Regional GM
- Maintain WeWork brand standards in your market
- BA/BS or equivalent in Business, Marketing, Hospitality or other related degree; MBA would be preferred
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in hospitality, marketing, retail, startups, consulting or related experience with strong operational focus; note that entrepreneurial experience is a strong plus
- P&L experience required, strong operations background is a must
- Experience in managing large teams of 30+ people, excellent leadership skills
- Assertiveness and a strong drive to develop those around you, ideally you are an inspirational leader
- International experience due to business operations abroad
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Language skills in German and English and an understanding of the local culture
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- - Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box".
- - We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- - Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- - Takes an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arises.
- There is no room for an “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well, and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- Also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
Inspired -We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
Entrepreneurial - We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
Authentic - We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
Tenacious - We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
Grateful - We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
Together - We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We have empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
What are you waiting for? Apply!
DONE! Berlin is the exclusive HR-partner for filling this position. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact partner is Emma Benitez. We are looking forward to receiving your application, in English.