German Accounts Payable Assistant (m/f)
Secret Escapes Ltd.
Beginn: April 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Secret Escapes is the UK's biggest members-only website specialising in flash sales for luxury travel. Each week, we hand-pick four and five-star hotels and holidays and we sell them for less than anyone else online - guaranteed! For the duration of our flash sales (one or two weeks), we'll offer our members exclusive rates of up to 70% off.
Before starting Secret Escapes, we wondered why booking a holiday always felt like hard work – the price comparisons, the awful early morning flights just to get the best price, the huge range of possible hotels, both good and bad. Travel is, and should be, exciting - and booking a holiday should be a stress-free experience. That’s what we set out to achieve, and it is the philosophy that drives us on. We want to inspire people, and we do so with amazing images, sharp, accessible writing, exciting destinations and unbeatable prices.
We already have more than ten million members world-wide, a social media following the size of a small country and we've successfully launched in Sweden, Germany, Norway, Denmark and the US. In short, we're doing big things fast and it's all very exciting.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor / Manager this person will be facilitating payments to our suppliers (tour operators and hotels in UK and across the world).
- Reconcile the invoices/statements received by email/post from hotels/tour operators to our system (using our internal booking system and Excel)
- Answer hotel/tour operator queries regarding the invoicing process, payments
- Help in setting up payments in the banking system
- Ensure that payments are processed promptly and emails are send out with payment confirmations, commission VAT invoices and remittances
- Keep updated our internal trackers with pending payments, processed payments, control file (all Excel workbooks)
- Other ad hoc reports and tasks e.g. help in reporting quarterly EC Sales, prepare statistics for a specific supplier
Skills / Requirements
- Great Excel skills
- German native
- Fluent in English
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU, Beneficial, but not essential
- Experience in a similar position
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Meticulously organised, with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a nice person to work with
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
- Able and willing to pass on knowledge
We're looking for grafters, self-starters who can keep up with the pace and who want to make a difference. We're still a relatively small team, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand. We also have fun parties and don't have to wear uncomfortable suits to work.
If you're ambitious, excel at what you do and you want to help us add a few more impressive things to our list of achievements, then we'd love to hear from you.