German Content Editor (m/f)
Beginn: Januar 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
GetYourGuide is a global marketplace for tours and activities, and Germany is one of our main source markets. We are looking for a Content Editor to help us bring our range of products to German-speaking customers. Your main responsibility is to ensure that the German content on our website is accurately translated and easily understandable to customers, enabling them to make well-informed choices. You will work with a team to maintain the website’s content, and play an active role at different steps of the product life cycle.
Think you’re up to the job? Great! Join us to help give GetYourGuide a strong voice for the German market.
What will you be doing?
- Translate and proofread our website and product pages (English to German)
- Keep the German website up-to-date by modifying translations of product pages
- Be responsible for the quality of the German copies
- Manage a small pool of freelance translators
We are looking for you if you
- Are a German native speaker with an excellent command of English
- Have experience translating and editing copies from English to German
- Have at least 1 year’s experience in a similar position
- Make data-driven decisions and are process-oriented
- Can create and proofread copy for different audiences and departments
- Are a multitasking wizard with a keen eye for detail
- Are eager to learn and motivated to succeed
The ideal candidate would also
- Hold a university degree in translation or another language-related subject
- Bring translation experience from the travel industry
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, prioritizing tasks according to company needs
- Be passionate about localization and globalization
More reasons to join us
- Comfortable and friendly work environment where every voice is heard
- International team from all corners of the globe
- Room to develop professionally
- Regular learning events and team outings
We value learning quickly, succeeding and failing as we go. Our work is never finished, and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills. Join us for weekly all hands meetings and monthly business updates; take part in regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and attend relevant conferences!
Also check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog at inside.getyourguide.com to get some insights into what happens behind the scenes.
Sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Please include the following items in your application:
- Your resume in English
- A brief cover letter in English
- 2 writing samples in German and/or translation samples from English to German
Please note that we do not sponsor visa applications or support the relocation of candidates.