DaWanda is the online marketplace for unique and handmade items, DIY and supplies. Designers and creatives offer their one-of-a-kind and limited-edition products for sale on www.dawanda.com. Going against the grain of mass-production, DaWanda is a haven for those who value individuality and responsible consumption as much as they like the latest trends. We are a social commerce platform, where consumers can exchange creative ideas and get inspired by one another. For designers and employees alike, DaWanda offers a stepping stonefrom which talent can unfold and develop an amazing career.
We are looking for a Head of Business Intelligence (f/m). You are a people manager and the first point of contact to and for a wide variety of internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for the conception and implementation of the overall Business Intelligence capability for DaWanda to reach KPI-based optimization for all activities on the DaWanda platforms. You will also be the main driver behind the cross-department Data-driven project helping DaWanda further define levers for success.
- Manage the Business Intelligence team as well as enabling and empowering the team to continue to grow
- Gathering and fulfilling the analytics and reporting requirements of DaWanda
- Maintenance and consolidation of what we’ve already built
- Responsible for conception, design and implementation of complex data warehouse architechtures and planning scenarios
- Work closely with business stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Product Management) to identify the information needs and develop reporting solutions including:
- Reportings for Management and the Managing Directors
- Reports on marketing campaign performance
- Periodic reports of the performance of various services of the DaWanda platform
- Personalized insights of the usage, behavioral and financial characteristics of users (e.g. sellers) of the DaWanda platform
- Be guardian of the BI strategy and responsible for standards and specifications
- Responsible for the determination of Business Intelligence programming and testing tools as well as the dedicated Business Intelligence application architecture
- Lead the cross-department Data-driven programme
You should have
- Min. 5 years of experience in the field of Business Intelligence, Data Science and/or Data Warehouse. Preferably in a web business with e-commerce/marketplace.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling (e.g. Olap cube modeling)
- Excellent knowledge in working with various BI systems and service vendors, ideally Pentaho Data Integration, Pentaho, BA Suite, or other familiar open source systems
- Very good knowledge of and work experience with MySQL, ETL processes and data warehouse architectures
- Profound knowledge in the areas of Project Management, IT Requirements Management, IT Development, IT Technology
- Experience with web analytics and tracking tools
- Experience in motivating, developing and directing people and teams
- Ability to work in an international multicultural team and have social competencies
- Strong hands-on mentality and driving enthusiasm
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Be part of one of Europe’s most loved internet brands
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- See your ideas become a reality and generate value
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Work in a beautiful loft in Berlin Charlottenburg
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete application stating the earliest date you could start and indicate your salary expectations.