Head of Customer Care (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2017
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Head Customer Care (Berlin / Barcelona)
i-surance is an ‚insurtech’ company focusing on the development of innovative offers combining insurance and related services. We develop customized products for the end customers of our distribution partners (e.g. manufacturer, retailer, mobile operators, utilities). Our mission is ‘Insurance made simple’ and hence, our insurance programs are characterized by ‘simplicity’, ‘innovativeness’ and ‘digital’.
For each market segment, we have the ambition to become the market leader. Among our clients are typically the largest players in each segment, such as mobile operators Salt and Sunrise in Switzerland (mobile device insurances), Mercedes and Delticom in Germany (car tire insurances), and KIND and Neuroth (hearing aid insurances).
Our offers are sold in 12 European countries and we manage an insurance premium volume of € 30-40 M with the ambition to grow the size of our business beyond € 100M in the next 5 years. With operations in 4 European hubs (Zurich, Berlin, Paris and Madrid), we are serving a large and fast growing customer base of >2 M insured customers across Europe. Since end of 2016, we have built an European customer care team of 11 agents based in Berlin and now plan to grow this team and build a second customer care location in Barcelona.
We are a diverse, multi-cultural team speaking many languages and have a unique culture focusing on our 5 core values: ‘clients first’, ‘teaming’, ‘acting like owners’, ‘results-driven’ and ‘continuous improvement & innovation’. Our current team of 25 multi-cultural talents grow rapidly and we expect to double the size of our international team within the next 2 years.
What we are looking for
We are searching for a ‘head customer care’ who drives the operational performance of our customer care team in Berlin and shapes the future of our customer care operations, in particular helping to build a second customer care location in Barcelona and to implement new technologies in our customer care operations such as chat and chatbot.
Our head of customer care should share our vision of providing exceptional customer experience and continuous improvement and will be part of our leadership team, shaping the continued growth of our business, operations and footprint. The role is based in Berlin and travel to our new location in Barcelona and to our business partners is expected
Scope of responsibilities
The role of the head of customer care will comprise the following responsibilities:
- Customer care team leadership
- Day-to-day management of customer care performance (SLAs, quality, etc.)
- Development of skills of customer care agents, incl. training and coaching (incl. call listening)
- Target setting and performance reviews on agent level
- Continuous improvement of customer care operations (e.g. organization, processes, systems)
- Tracking and reporting of performance
- Hiring and onboarding of new customer care agents
- Shaping evolution of our customer care operations
- Support in building-up a second customer care location in Barcelona
- Developing new customer communication channels, i.e. chat
- Exploring the possibility to use and implement chatbot in our customer care operations
- Contribution to the firm development
- Work closely with in the firm leadership team to shape the future of our firm, business, clients and team
- Team leadership beyond customer care operations
- Bring-in own ideas and challenge other leadership team members to continuous improve
What we expect from you
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing teams of customer care agents
- Experience and interest in training and development of customer agents
- Strong teaming and people development spirit
- Strong willingness to take over responsibilities and take ownership
- Willingness to continuously challenge the status quo
- Curious to continuously learn and explore new approaches/technologies
- Fluent in English and preferably, in one additional language, either German or French
What you can expect from you
- A fast growing, multi-cultural team with a strong teaming spirit
- Shaping the development of one of the most successful European insurtech firms
- Broad perspective and firm leadership experience in a very dynamic and ambitious leadership team
- Personal growth & development opportunities within and beyond customer care
- Competitive compensation honouring the high expectation of the role
If you are interested to join our team and shape our exciting development, please contact Jens, founder of i-surance: email@example.com.