Head of Finance and Law (m/f)
Beginn: Juli 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Freeletics aims to be the number one fitness- and lifestyle company in the world. The new basis for human strength. A decision. We empower people to be happy and fulfilled, by making them the strongest version of themselves. Physically and mentally. And therefore create a very intimate relationship with our customers.
We build products that give people confidence, physical fitness and willpower. The most motivating and efficient fitness training system in the world. And a platform to motivate and educate, with a community of 5 million athletes. All accessible via our mobile- and web apps.
And this is just the beginning. Further development of our training system, strength- and nutrition solutions as well as sports- and lifestyle apparel and our global expansion are just some of our topics in 2015.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HEAD OF FINANCE AND LAW (M/F)
We are successfully growing. But this is only the beginning. New geographies, new products and new team members will help us conquer the world – and increase organizational complexity, too.
Therefore, we are looking for a dedicated Head of Finance and Law who will enable decision-making for strategic and operative challenges based on financial data and legal expertise.
Reporting directly to the CEO you will be providing a holistic transparency across departments, products and corporate structures. You’re smart, dedicated, willing to work strategically as well as hands-on, have relevant experience and want to make a difference? Then apply now!
You are responsible for all finance, controlling, accounting, reporting, tax and law
- Monitor and lead the cash management, including rolling cash forecasts to help us respond to emerging business conditions, in real time
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of previous and current financial data and operations results to the Management
- Manage the Business planning and Financial projections (e.g., bottom-up forecast: a detailed budget with spending plans by department) as well as operating budgets
- Develop and implement new processes around finance and law, optimize our existing structures as well as spending and cash levels
- Be the expert sparring partner for our external tax advisors, accountants and lawyers, potentially insource some of those services
- Improve the efficiency and accuracy of tax accounting processes with the company and lead the optimization of our tax load
- Know when to get professional law advice, evaluate legal options (e.g., setting up our international legal entity structure) and provide legal insight and guidance for the CEO
- We are bootstrapped – but potentially in the future – equity and debt negotiation
- Believe in the vision and core values of Freeletics and be driven by the mission. Demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to empower people around the world.
- 2-3+ years relevant experience;g., but not limited to, banking and financial services, top tier consultancy, industry leader, law firm
- Comprehensive know-how in controlling and accounting
- Good knowledge of HGB and IFRS accounting rules
- Strong analytical and intellectual skills in combination with profound knowledge of forecasting and modeling to support business decisions
- Extremely quick in learning, with a track record of successfully adapting to various different situations and challenges
- Excellent organizational skills, deadline-oriented and flexibility to meet changing needs of the role
- Experience in advising Senior Management
- Action oriented; hard working and looking for challenges; hands on; able to act and react as necessary, even with limited information; able to function in a young company
- Strategic vision and agility; ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Clear affinity towards sport and truly wanting to deliver positive user value
WHY WORK AT FREELETICS
- We’re going big, and you can take a decisive part in it
- Highest impact and responsibility from the first day on, with a lot of room for own decisions
- Hands on, real experience in running a high growth, role-model lean start-up
- The chance of playing a crucial role in creating a global sports brand
- Attractive compensation
- A team of smart and extremely motivated co-workers
- No walls, no limits, no bureaucracy, just unlimited potential
- Self-fulfillment, fun, and a great atmosphere
- Social activities (food, drinks, events) and team Freeletics training
SOME STATS ABOUT US
- Founded in mid-2013
- ~70 employees
- 5,000,000+ members
- Global reach with 160+ countries
- 7 digit monthly revenue
Ready to kick ass? Then apply now!