Head of Investment and Yield Management (m/f)
kreditech SSL Gmbh
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2014
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
Do you want to play a big part in Kreditech's growth?
Do you have world class financial engineering and asset management skills?
Do you have a great hands-on track record in technology-based asset, portfolio and risk management?
Want to work with an international, fast-growing team in Hamburg's Hafencity?
Then join Kreditech as our Head of Investment and Yield Management!
Kreditech is building the consumer-focused finance company of the 21st century. With its proprietary big-data scoring and underwriting technology, the Hamburg-based startup has built the foundation for personal finance products in emerging consumer finance markets. Customers can apply for short-term and long-term loans from 50 to 2,500 Euros, credit cards, and other finance products in just a few minutes online or mobile. The creditworthiness of a user is determined in less than a minute on the basis of up to 10,000 data points, and the loan is paid out automatically within minutes to the customer’s bank account, credit card or eWallets.
Kreditech currently offers its services in Australia, Poland, Spain, Russia, the Czech Republic, and Mexico. All national platforms are operated by an international team, which currently consists of over 100 employees from 26 countries.
As our Head of Investment and Yield Management, you will manage and monitor the allocation of funds across all of Kreditech’s markets in order to maximize profitability and return on investment. Given the difference and volatility of the individual markets in terms of customer acquisition costs, default rates, refinancing costs and currency exchange rates, overall yield can continuously optimized by applying portfolio theory to find the best tactical allocation of capital. As part of your job, you will be
- Continuously observe key profitability drivers / KPIs across all active markets
- Develop a portfolio management approach for a risk / return optimized allocation of capital
- Allocating a significantly 8 digit portfolio under your management into 9 different products in 6 different markets in tight collaboration with top level management, risk, marketing and other departments.
- Managing liquidity / working capital across 6 different markets / currencies and fast scaling operations.
- Develop automatized, proprietary tools to optimize allocation as well as liquidity management on top of real-time data from the business intelligence infrastructure
- Analyze and manage risk exposured, such as FX, clusters etc.
- Manage and revise the allocation in order to maximizing short-term profitability and long-term fulfillment of strategic goals
- Model and forecast different scenarios
- Forecast and hedge external risks such as currency exchange rates
- Discuss operative scope of allocation with other departments (marketing, risk, financing)
- Derive quantitative targets and short-term goals for operative departments
- 5y+ working experience in highly complex and fast-moving environments, ideally in quantitative asset management, financial engineering, risk management or control systems engineering
- University degree in economics, finance, mathematics or physics
- Well rooted understanding of portfolio theory and statistics, good financial market know-how required
- Experienced with financial modeling and multivariate optimization techniques
- Good understanding of Excel. Knowledge in VBA, Matlab, R and other programming languages very desirable
- Good comfort in working with data (on top of databases and web service APIs)
- Fast learner, quick to identify key value drivers in a new business contact
- Strong focus on details
- Excellent communication, negotiation & presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence other teams without direct management authority
- Fluent English and German skills
- Desire to work with an international team of young professionals who are passionate about their work and projects
- Understanding of the key value drivers in a consumer lending business is desirable
- The position is located in Hamburg and requires an EU work permit. We can consider applicants without EU work permit only if they are exceptionally well qualified and experienced in exactly this field of employment. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
If this sounds like you, get in touch today - we accept applications exclusively through our Jobvite platform, where all you have to do is upload your CV and a cover letter and answer a few screening questions: hire
What we can offer you
Kreditech wants to take good care of its employees - we want to make sure that working is exciting and productive. So to keep the team happy, Kreditech offers a modern, chic office located in the ever-growing Hafencity in Hamburg. Inside, you'll find a coffee machine to quench your thirst, snacks when you're hungry, XBOX to play when you need a break, a ping-pong table when you need exercise, and scooters to take you from one side of the office to the other in the blink of an eye. Outside, we make sure you can keep fit with a gym pass, or offer you a Metro pass to help with the commute. All in all, you're in good hands at Kreditech.
If you feel that your talent and abilities would make a valuable contribution to our future, we'd love to hear from you!