Head of IT / Chief Technology Officer (m/f)
Beginn: Mai 2015
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
VALMANO (www.valmano.de) has become the most popular dedicated German jewelry and watches online shop since its launch in June 2013. Our mission is to finally make buying jewelry and watches online a pleasure - yet safe, reliable, quick and at reasonable prices.
We want to serve anyone loving beautiful accessories and therefore our online store offers not only well-established and popular watches and jewelry brands, but also trendy young designer labels and an exclusive variety of finest real jewelry made from precious materials like gold, diamonds and emeralds. At VALMANO, every taste finds its gem!
For our young and dynamic team we are looking for a Head of IT / Chief Technology Officer (m/f)
- Responsible of managing and growing a team of currently 5 developers in Berlin
- Define and execute the company’s vision in close collaboration with the founder and management team
- Develop a unique product and work with state of the art technologies
- Take ownership of the entire Valmano GmbH IT infrastructure (currently Magento, PHP, AWS)
- Ensure the performance and scalability of all of Valmano GmbH IT systems
- Define and document the company’s IT roadmap
- Lead development and maintenance efforts from a technical perspective
- Code control and quality assurance of new developments
- Mobile development experience would be a plus but is not a requirement
- You are one of the best Senior PHP developers / team leads with +8 years of practical experience
- Degree (B.Sc.,M.Sc. or equivalent) in informatics, business informatics or alike
- You have relevant experience in a fast paced e-Commerce / internet environment / SaaS environment
- You have relevant experience with Magento or similar e-commerce platforms (scaling, performance, coding, new feature development)
- You are familiar with Ansible, Salt, Redis, Nginx, AWS
- You have relevant experience with complex server infrastructures and CDNs
- You possess strong communication skills in English (required); Besides the professional skills you bring outstanding organizational skills
- You have the ability to understand business needs and translate them into IT requirements for the developer team
- And you have the ability to work independently and to meet targets and deadlines
- A proven track record in recruiting and leading teams
- Able to work independently with little guidance
- You enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced company
Interested? You want to know…
VALMANO is a company merely owned by 7Commerce and therefore part of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group, one of the leading media companies in Europe and Germany’s largest television network. This origin guarantees a strong structural backing and unparalleled customer reach via TV advertisement. Additionally, the experience and expertise of an outstanding team of talents puts VALMANO ahead within the jewelry and watches e-commerce sector.
…and we offer you
Working in a great team, in an enjoyable place, where every day is a step-up opportunity. There is constantly the chance to take on more responsibility and develop your skillset further. We always thrive to learn something new. And we’re excited by seeing and doing things differently.
If you are up for the challenge we are looking forward to receiving your application or questions at email@example.com