Head of IT Department / Project Management (m/f)
Unister Travel Betriebsgesellschaft mbH
IT Business Development Projektmanagement
Beginn: Mai 2016
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Standort(e): Leipzig, Berlin
Focus on customer as well as reliability of our online portals based on backend functions means the highest quality in development, QA and operation. These are day to day challenges for our employees of the IT Department. As the Head of IT Department/Project Management (m/f) you will be responsible for the software development at our locations Leipzig and Berlin. You will align the software development with the company’s goals, give the right impulses for the IT organization and contribute significantly to our economic success.
- Responsibility for planning, development and reliable operation of development projects, deployment of roadmaps, project controlling and monitoring, consideration of compliance guidelines, active stakeholders management, ensuring that the projects are „in time“ und „in budget“
- Support by the development of IT strategy and responsibility for its sustained implementation
- Alignment of the IT organization with company’s goals based on relevant budget and personnel responsibility
- Positioning of IT as a client oriented internal service provider, development of IT function to the strategic key function in the company
- Initiating and leading change projects, implementation of platform consolidation, launch of the strategic tools and standardized business processes for the development and project management, constant improvement of process and organization structure
- Technical and disciplinary management of the IT Department with approx. 40 employees as well as coordination of external resources and providers
- Academic degree or equivalent experience in computer science
- At least 8 years of work experience and 4 years of leadership experience
- Provable successes as an IT Head (team lead) and experience in leading restructuring projects
- Industry experience (internet company or startups) would be an advantage
- Solid experience in leading development teams using web-development technologies, open source tools and development environments as well as agile software development
- Knowledge of version administration systems as well as integrated development environment would be a plus
- Experience in management of external providers and nearshore development desirable
- Fluent in German and in English
- Great communication skill, assertiveness and strong hands-on approach
UNISTER is one of the biggest e-commerce companies in Germany. We develop, operate and market some of the most far reaching websites, both nationally and internationally. With more than 10 million unique users each month we are one of the most successful operators in the market on the way to becoming a global player in online travel business. With creativity, inventiveness and enthusiasm we focus on our core competences in the travel market and want to grow both nationally and internationally to remain on the road to success.
We tender an exciting work with adequate competence for you to bring in your ability and knowledge. We focus on a longtime cooperation with you and offer flexible working hours and conveniently placed offices in the heart of traditional university cities, so that you will be able to balance career and family. Along with free beverages and training possibilities we provide everything you need to fulfill your work tasks. Our recurrent team events, sports groups organized by colleagues and our legendary company parties will revive the daily routine and bring you closer to other UNISTER’s. We live an open culture, direct communication and defy conventions such as a dresscode.
We are looking forward to receiving you application! In case you have any questions please contact Iryna Dobrova.