Logistics and Operations lead (m/w) - Germany
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are bloomon! Let’s say it now - we’re not your typical flower company. We like the unique, the interesting, the unexpected things. Our flowers are ultra-fresh, delivered directly from our growers to our customers. Here at bloomon we are a little rebellious. And a lot disruptive. The new guys taking on the traditional players. We want to make it clear - we’re turning our industry on its head. To do this we need you, a rebel like us, to grow the family!
Our company and team are expanding rapidly. With an international team of over 80 highly motivated and ambitious people, we are active in five countries. bloomon has its main office in Amsterdam, but also operates out of Berlin, London and Taiwan. The bloomon team consists of seasoned e-commerce experts (Rocket Internet) as well as strategy-consultants (The Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, SparkOptimus), and has raised funding from renowned VCs as well as international entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a talent to take the lead in managing our German operations and logistics. Are you looking for a challenge with a lot of responsibilities? Do you have what it takes to ‘deliver’ every week and simultaneously bring the deliveries to the next level? Keep on reading!
One of our key processes is the delivery of thousands of bouquets to customers. We do not have our own fleet, but collaborate with loads of external partners to organize our last mile logistics. Bloomon-trained drivers use vans for our dedicated delivery service. Additionally, we work with major parcel networks to ensure the deliveries in the rural areas. In the role of Head of Logistics Germany you are responsible for all logistical streams in Germany and ensure a smooth delivery for all our German customers. You will make sure our delivery service is of the highest quality, so we have happy customers at all times. This means working with depots, drivers and thousands of deliveries per week. And oh, we expect the current numbers to quadruple!
Bloomon is growing rapidly, and even more in Germany. You will work from our Amsterdam head office together with an international team, based in Amsterdam, Berlin and London, organizing and managing the weekly logistics.
You will be responsible for
- Organizing, planning and optimize our long-haul and last-mile deliveries
- The logistics budget and financial targets
- Extend our international network of depots, delivery partners and parcell partners
- Measure and improve the quality of delivery
- Initiate and take lead in process optimization and improvement projects
- Direct contact person for the other departments like sales and finance when it comes to all logistics in Germany
- You will work close to the Global head of Logistics and your colleagues from other countries
- MSc or BSc qualification
- 1-3 year experience in an operational working environment, preferably logistics or production
- Analytical skills, a structured approach to work and detail oriented
- Good communicative skills - experience in negotiating and managing external suppliers
- Proactive, problem solving and definite ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-starting, enthusiastic and results driven
- Not afraid of responsibility
- IT savvy
- Fluent in German (speaking and writing)
- Drivers licence
- Looking for your biggest challenge so far!
What we offer
Joining us will be challenging and rewarding. You will gain the broadest experience and will help equip bloomon for further growth and professionalization as we scale up across Europe. A unique opportunity to further develop your skills in a fast growing environment.
- A market conform compensation package
- Challenging working environment
- Your role is based in Amsterdam, with frequent travel to partners in Germany
- Training by ex strategy consultants and e-commerce experts
- Working within a strong and ambitious team
- Lovely lunches daily and regular team events and great parties
Is this your job?
Are you the next super star for the DE team? Apply directly for this job by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are looking forward to meeting you!