Head of Marketing (m/w)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2013
Head of Marketing
Waymate is a journey planning platform. We want to take the pain out of travel planning and create great user experiences. Our site helps people who are overwhelmed with pages of irrelevant search results from diﬀerent providers. Results are presented in a visual "timeline" that allows people to select and book the best ﬂight or train according to their preferences.
Waymate was the winner of the „1st Smart Mobility Challenge“, and was nominated as „European Startup of the Year“ and „Best Travel Technology Solution“. We're a small but highly ambitious company with great product ideas. We’ll bring innovation to the travel industry.
We are searching for someone to take charge of and lead Waymate’s global marketing strategy. From executing and driving online campaigns, to overseeing branding, social media and advertising. You should be someone with a great track record in marketing, and someone who is really passionate about improving the travel planning experience. You love metrics and are experienced in using data to make better marketing decisions. This position will be based at our headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
- Develop and reﬁne a smart and creative marketing strategy for the company
- Generate awesome engaging marketing campaigns aimed at winning new customers and retaining existing ones
- Analyse data from metrics and KPIs that you’ll set up, and use this data to make informed marketing decisions
- Eﬃciently manage our marketing budget and allocate resources appropriately
- Oversee and improve SEO/SEM to optimise Waymate’s position in web search
- Work closely with the PR manager to develop a media strategy across multiple channels
- Build and maintain key relationships with partners, media and others
- Perform detailed analysis on competitors, markets, customer segments and strategic positioning
- Represent Waymate at industry events
- Assist with testing the app prior to launches, including talking to testers/users and gathering and recording feedback
- Bachelors degree required, business or marketing majors are a plus
- 6-10 years experience in a similar role with at least 2 years exp. in a management position
- Native German or native level German skills
- Excellent level of English (oﬃce communication is in English)• Team player who loves being part of a team, but who can also work independently and with plenty of initiative
- Proven track record in eﬀectively developing and improving an online brand
- Demonstrable experience in using diﬀerent marketing channels to drive growth
- Ability to plan and execute at both strategic and operational levels
- Results-focused; ability to set targets and measure results and their eﬀectiveness
- Experience and ability in building and managing teams
- Proven success in executing and managing both small and big projects with allocated budgets
- Deep knowledge of successful marketing strategies across various channels, and understanding of why they have succeeded or failed
- Signiﬁcant experience of working with press, journalists and other media outlets
- Strong planning and analysis skills in both marketing and competitive strategy
We’re looking for doers and makers. People with a real passion for what they do, and a desire to change the travel industry, for the better. We have a great oﬃce space in the centre of Berlin’s “Silicon Allee” (incl. a pretty nice sun terrace with a paddling pool), an incredible team and a fascinating product with bags of potential. If that sounds like your kind of thing, then we want to hear from you.
APPLY NOW: send us your CV & tell us why you’d be the best person for the job -