Head of Media (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2015
Freeletics aims to be the number one fitness- and lifestyle company in the world. The new basis for human strength. A decision. We empower people to be happy and fulfilled, by making them the strongest version of themselves. Physically and mentally. And therefore create a very intimate relationship with our customers.
We build products that give people confidence, physical fitness and willpower. The most motivating and efficient fitness training system in the world. And a platform to motivate and educate, with a community of 4 million athletes. All accessible via our mobile- and web apps.
And this is just the beginning. Further development of our training system, social features, sports- and lifestyle apparel and our global expansion are just some of our topics in 2015.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HEAD OF MEDIA (m/f)
Play a decisive role in a young and disruptive sports- and lifestyle company that is positively influencing the life of millions of people around the globe.
As Head of Media you are responsible for the strategy and implementation of all Freeletics owned media channels. Social media (e.g., FB, YT, IG), CRM (e.g., mail, notifications), Editorial (e.g., blog, knowledge center) as well as the messages placed on our general website/app appearance.
Be visionary! We want to create a Freeletics publishing house, building an audience of massive reach across our channels to drive brand image, retention, sales and engagement by inspiring, motivating, educating, engaging and communicating. You are smart, analytical, people- and story focused, able to build and lead a world-class team and have relevant media experience? Then be the next key player at Freeletics!
FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR FREELETICS OWNED MEDIA
Manage development, execution and improvement of all current and future communication, branding and customer acquisition activities across our owned media by developing and implementing required strategies, goals, tactics and measures (for all target groups, geographies, products and channels). We want to reach the whole world!
You should create immediate impact from day one, however your leadership role (building a world-class team; your analyses and strategies) is the key to greatness.
Therefore, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Defining the next global sport- and lifestyle brand
- Deeply understand the needs, wishes and requirements of our customers and their lifecycle, as well as non-customers
- Build up and constantly develop know-how/best practices on how different owned channels work (messages, content, communication)
- Explore new channels to spread our messages
Create strategies, tactics and measures to truly reach the people
- Based on your knowledge and understanding, develop strategies, tactics and measures in order to drive brand image, retention, sales and engagement
- Segment your approach by channel, target group and geographies, and keep a conscious ratio between inspiration, motivation, education, engagement and communication
Ensure implementation and optimization
- Define type, story and characteristics of required content and ensure creation of content together with the Creative Director
- Execute defined media measures, track success and optimize the approach accordingly
Set management excellence
- Provide a strong strategic, influential and daily leadership presence for all media personnel
- Ensure the required infrastructure for reaching our goals by defining and re-evaluating the media department organization, appropriate for our maturity and size
- Build a world class team by leading, inspiring, training and developing the existing team and by selecting and recruiting new team members
- Ensure efficiency and fulfillment by developing and optimizing processes, controlling costs and results of team members and by building up and capturing market-, customer-, competitor-, channel- and methodical knowledge within the department
- Believe in the vision and core values of Freeletics and be driven by the mission. Demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to empower people around the world.
- 4+ years relevant experience - for example, but not limited to: publishing house, social media management, digital brand marketing
- High digital affinity and knowledge with a proven track record of truly reaching people via deep digital-, story-, people- and content understanding
- Strategic vision and agility: ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Capacity building: ability to effectively build organizational and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Leadership and organization: experience in managing and leading people, with a pleasant and sustainable management approach
- Action oriented: enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; hands on; able to act and react as necessary, even with limited information; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
- Startup affinity: understanding for and being able to perform in settings with still-to-establish processes and structures, always delivering immediate results while building sustainable solutions.
- Highly strategic and analytical, with the ability to empathize with different types of people
- Eager learner, passionate about exploring new ways to spread our messages
- Ultra dedicated, hands on, being able to function in a startup/young company surrounding
- Clear affinity towards sports
- Display social intelligence, having the skills, sensitivity and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to the mission
- Pleasant team member, being able to switch between "supervisor" and "friend- team" mode
WHY WORK AT FREELETICS?
- We’re going big, and you can take a decisive part in it
- Highest impact and responsibility from the first day on, with a lot of room for own decisions
- Hands on, real experience in running a high growth, role-model lean start-up
- The chance of playing a crucial role in creating a global sports brand
- Attractive compensation
- A team of smart and extremely motivated co-workers
- No walls, no limits, no bureaucracy, just unlimited potential
- Self-fulfillment, fun, and a great atmosphere
- Social activities (food, drinks, events) and team Freeletics training
SOME STATS ABOUT US
- Founded in mid-2013
- ~60 employees
- 4,000,000+ members
- Global reach with 160+ countries
- Seven digit monthly revenue
- 30% month-on-month growth 2014/2015
Ready to kick ass? Then send us your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org