(Senior) IT System Administrator (m/f/d)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2019
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
HolidayPirates is one of Europe’s fastest growing, free-to-use, travel search platforms and apps, providing users with the best value for money international travel deals. Since its inception in 2011, the company has grown to become the largest online travel community in the world.
HolidayPirates Group continues to expand its online presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA. Our 220 employees from 38 different countries work on 10 websites in 7 different languages.
HolidayPirates Group operates the following domains: urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, wakacyjnipiraci.pl , ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna.se, Ferienpiraten.ch and TravelPirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and TravelPirates Corp. in the US, launched in February 2016.
Facts and figures
- Global headquarters in Berlin, Germany
- Management: David Armstrong (CEO)
- More than 10 million Facebook fans
- 10 million App downloads
- 800.000 Newsletter subscribers
- Over 1 million WhatsApp subscribers
HolidayPirates Group is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, musical taste, race, color, gender, religion, ice cream flavor preference, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
There is no computer problem you can't fix?
You are full of new ideas regarding our IT environment and you are able to translate them into projects?
When you come across a new piece of technology, do you automatically think of all the amazing new superpowers it will give us?
Yo-ho-ho! Then you are the pirate we are looking for!
Duties on deck
- Setup hardware (e.g. MacBooks, Mac minis, printers, VOIP, video conferencing gear, inhouse servers) and software company-wide (Adobe Cloud, Parallells)
- Provide technical support to 230+ employees in Berlin, London, Sevilla, Belgrade and Boston
- Monitor and maintain local network infrastructure (+250 devices)
- Give software trainings and be part of on- and off-boardings
- Create internal documentation for IT systems and related processes
- Introduce and maintain asset inventory database
- Evaluate IT solutions for various departments and projects
- Work closely with HR and Office Management
- Work collaboratively and in line with our company values
Your treasure of experience
- Expert knowledge of macOS, OSX and Apple Mac related hardware
- Advance knowledge of linux is a must
- Advance knowledge of LAN networking
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues (LAN/WiFi)
- Knowledge of system vulnerabilities and how to set up a secure IT environment (Sophos firewalls)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tool for e.g. nagios, icinga etc.
- Experience of remote IT hardware and software rollout for OSX
- Bash scripting and automatisation skills
- Strong ability to structure and prioritise tasks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Helpful mindset and strong team work skills
Extra knots for
- Experience with Open LDAP is highly desirable
- Experience with Google Suite and Lastpass is a plus
Our ship & our crew offer you
- A fast-growing company with an open culture, where you can share your ideas
- Flexible working hours
- Inspiring mates from all over the world
- MacBook Pro for private and business use
- Support for relocation
- Free German and English classes
- Opportunity to join the company pension scheme
- Legendary team and company events
- Social area with table tennis, table football, darts, xBox and a nice dining area
- Barrels of juice and boxes of fruits – as much as you like!
- Anchoring berth directly at the Spree with a great view
Remember, only a fully loaded ship can set sail - We are looking forward to receive your application documents in English. And don’t forget to let us know about your salary expectations and start date.
Work like a captain, play like pirate!