HR Manager (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2018
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates on your mobile device for tonight, tomorrow, and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a HR Manager to do just that.
The People Operations team at HotelTonight is responsible for creating an experience that attracts, retains and drives high performance for our team members. In this role you’ll be responsible for all of People Operations for our Europe based teams - everything from refining all of our core HR processes, making sure they are simple, aligned to our values and helping the team do their best work. You’ll partner closely with our business leaders in London, Paris, and Berlin, work closely with our HR Director, and the People Operations and Recruiting teams in our San Francisco headquarters.
This position will be based out of our Berlin office.
Within one month, you will
- Understand the internal landscape of HR Operations; our culture, values, our current processes and have a clear perspective on how everything fits together
- Be the go to expert in areas such as HR policies, employment law, benefits, visas, and onboarding & offboarding for our European offices
- Support the team in identifying talented people to join the HotelTonight team as we grow our European business
- Build strong partnerships with Hiring Managers in our Berlin, London, and Paris offices, and quickly become keyed into the intricacies of their business and the integral role each team plays in HotelTonight's success
Within three months, you will
- Identify areas where we need to make improvements and start to act on those ideas. These areas might include policies, benefit offerings, perks, and leave of absences
- Operate as a business partner able to design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those that go beyond people and organizational solutions
Within twelve months, you will
- Provide thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Rollout core HR programs in our international offices including: performance reviews, compensation, development programs and engagement activities, partnering closely with program owners in San Francisco
- Be the go-to expert for everything related to International recruiting, performance management, learning & development, total rewards, employee relations and benefits administration
- Be a strategic partner to each business you support, sharing your expertise and providing thoughtful guidance throughout the sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process
What we're looking for in you
- 6-8 years of professional experience in an HR role within a European company
- Fluent in German and English (knowledge of French is a nice to have!)
- Knowledge in French and German employment law
- Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and employees at all levels to influence and drive organizational change
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. You’re a master at analyzing data, understanding trends and developing recommendations for actions based on the analysis
- Proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees making sure everyone is treated with respect
- Self motivated with the ability to proactively spot opportunities, come up with a plan and then roll up sleeves getting involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
- Demonstrated ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions
What you'll get
- An official Best Places to Work as listed in the SF Business Times (we're in the top 10 two years running!)
- A highly collaborative and supportive team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
- We aren’t afraid to take risks, and we encourage you let go of the fear of failure and give that crazy but brilliant idea a shot
- We’ll help you create goals that drive you, take on projects that excite you, and learn things that will surprise you
- An EU Office Exchange Program
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel stipend, 25 days of vacation, Friday team lunch, a subsidized fitness membership, a wireless stipend, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.