Head of After Sales & Customer Service (m/f)
idealo internet GmbH
Projektmanagement Operations Customer Care
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2018
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
We are one of Europe’s most dynamic e-commerce destinations. Over the last years idealo has been meeting ambitious growth goals and will continue to do so in the years to come.
We have successfully transformed price comparison shopping from a pure SEO play to a modern platform business, creating a truly unique position in the market. Currently, our downstream traffic and our onsite checkout in total account for a transaction volume of way more than a billion Euros p.a. for our shopping partners.
We have to make sure that our users get their delivery on time and in quality. With no excuses. At the same time, we’re operating in a truly heterogeneous environment with thousands and thousands of valued partner merchants with different strengths and limitations.
So, if you are interested in a real challenge, and you are an experienced manager (m|f), then help us with the squaring of the circle and create and run the optimal after sales customer experience for users andmerchants at idealo.
Your mission is to make sure that users who buy products on idealo will get their goods the way they expect them to, without noticing if the online shop is large or tiny, well-known or a small player; because they can trust idealo to ensure a perfect service level.
About your new role
- For a user who has placed an order on idealo, you will provide the best customer experience until the order is fulfilled; while at the same time offering the optimal service for the merchants involved
- You are responsible for:
- All after sales touchpoints (onsite & offsite)
- Order management and payment
- Customer experience after sales (during fulfillment by our merchants) and
- Customer care.
You will have the following teams to support you:
- Our after sales business management which works together with the after sales product group in order to build and run all after sales communication channels (e.g. on page/app, transactional mails & push), as well as internal processes (e.g. order processing, payment) and tooling (e.g. for customer care, CRM integrations)
- Our unique merchant performance management team that ensures the service level of our merchant partners
- Our quickly growing customer care center
- To get even more backing, one of your first challenges will be to build an in-house payment & fraud operations team
If need be, you will identify and build new business areas to help idealo reach their goals, for example a center of daily operations, stronger 2nd level, institutionalized arbitration of disputes and escalations, alerting, and recognition of emerging business patterns and new opportunities (if you think this is the right way to go – but may be you have a better suggestions)
- Your team leads will report to you directly, thus you are responsible for disciplinary and professional leadership of the teams
- You are reporting to idealo’s executive board (MD) and will be part of idealo’s top leadership circle responsible for refining and executing idealo’s growth strategy
Skills & Requirements
- You are fundamentally business driven, it´s in your nature to challenge yourself by setting ambitious goals and defining the metrics to make objective measurable
- You have 10 or more years of experience in internet business preferably
e-commerce. You know and tackle the challenges of fulfillment and logistics, marketplaces and online shops - You understand their strategies, their business models and the details of their daily execution
- You have held senior management positions in online shops, marketplaces, delivery services, logistic companies or at a consultancy
- You know customer care inside out, understand the importance of the checkout and order fulfillment processes
- You have shown that you are proficient in leading teams of 50 and more
- As soon as you have settled in, you will install an organization that doesn’t need you for fighting even the worst of fires but for now you are hands-on and manage daily business with immediate demands and escalations
- You are able to create processes and business functions; you will start small and in deep detail, and you are experienced to scale the organization quickly to an industrial level. You have done this before and are ready to do it again!