Infrastructure Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
EyeEm is the world's premier community and marketplace for the photographer inside all of us. An evolving generation of photographers are using our app to connect globally and make their images available to an exciting network of buyers, for use in everything from ad campaigns to magazines. EyeEm has been downloaded more than 10 million times in 20 different languages. Find us on iOS, Android and the web.
Find out more about EyeEm and apply at http://www.eyeem.com/careers. Please submit complete applications through our designated online portal - Infrastructure Engineer - those made via LinkedIn will not be considered.
Those made via LinkedIn will not be considered.
To grow with our users, EyeEm is focusing on scaling the services that drive our API. In the Infrastructure team, you'll be responsible for automating the underlying infrastructure as well as ensuring its stability. You'll work on our API codebase and iterating on our configuration management to connect both worlds. With a focus on test driven development, metric systems, log systems, and staging environments are no-brainers for you. The Infrastructure team takes care of providing the key pillars of our infrastructure as services, and provides guidelines for other teams that work on the same shared infrastructure.
- Design, build and run systems for application deployment, systems orchestration and configuration management
- Encourage everyone (developers, managers, product owners) to think about how new applications will be run and maintained
- Help everyone understand constraints around security, performance, cost and resulting tradeoffs
- Building a sustainable infrastructure
- Automation and Testing (CloudFormation, puppet, Jenkins, testing, monitoring)
- Obtain leadership in supporting our developers to build sustainable and scalable systems
- Participate in rotating on-call shifts
Who we're looking for
- Self-driven and fast learner, and eager to work with new technologies
- Team player, with the ability to motivate the team to improve each day
- You can structure and organise your work easily
- Quality-oriented and detail-focused. If you can automate it, you only do it once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in automation on AWS and knowledge of the AWS APIs and available client libraries
- Experience in building a sustainable configuration management codebase (puppet)
- Experience in running Debian/Ubuntu servers and the needed ecosystem
- Furthermore: xperience with administration and tuning of production database systems; common deployment patterns; load and performance testing techniques, capacity planning and highly available system designs
- Knowledge about some of our production technologies (Elasticsearch, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Redis, PHP, nginx)
- Operation experience (monitoring and debugging 4 a.m. problems)
- Experience in PHP and python are a plus
What we offer
- An international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with
- A collaborative work environment with English as the primary language
- Secure employment, as we are a well-funded company
- Have a big impact on our product and community, and continuously develop your skills
- An Apple computer will be provided for duration of employment