Infrastructure Engineer (AWS) (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With up to 120,000 downloads per day and more than 9,000 hours of language learning content, Babbel is the market leading online-learning app.
Our AWS-based infrastructure is serving more than 20,000 requests per minute to worldwide users via different clients (Android, iOS, Web) while expanding on a global scale.
Our Infrastructure team takes care of the key pillars of our AWS-based micro Services Architecture and Provides help and Guidelines for other feature teams to enable them to deliver and move almost Independently.
If you are passionate about building simple, secure, stable, AWS-based Micro Service Platforms That Support scaling and continuous scaling - we would love to hear from you!
- Build and run a sustainable, scaleable Automated Infrastructure (Chief, OpsWorks, CI, monitoring, etc.) for our AWS-based micro Services Architecture
- Improve our continuous integration and continuous deployment introduce pipeline
- Focus on Platform Security
- Support & enable the other feature development teams
- Help establish DevOps practices Throughout The engineering teams
- deep experience in building complex web applications based on AWS services
- 3+ years experience in programming and architecting large-scale applications
- Experience in building micro service-based infrastructure setups Including Monitoring
- Experience in Infrastructure Automation (Chef, OpsWorks)
- Experience in Infrastructure Provisioning (Terraform, cloud formation, Chef provisioning, or else)
- passionate about Implementing Simple Solutions for Complex Problem
- Driven to multiply knowledge and educate teams about DevOps practices
- Quality oriented and detailed Focused
- can-do attitude and strong team player
- BONUS: Experience in Ruby on Rails
- BONUS: Experience in Monitoring and Metrics Tool
- BONUS: Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- BONUS: Willingness to engage in on-call shifts
- Tackle high volume, scaleable problem with a cloud-based setup and latest cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hack days, technology brown-bags
- Open source contributions
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (high-end bike company, fresh fruits & drinks, language courses)