Performance Manager – Venture Capital (m/f)
Innogy Innovation Hub
Beginn: November 2017
Controlling, Valuation & Business Modelling
Are you interested in major changes like the Internet of Things, Big Data, Sharing Economy and Decentralised Energy? We are.
The innogy Group stands for innovation and technology in the energy market of the future. innogy is the answer to the big trends that are changing the energy sector worldwide, and in Europe and Germany in particular: decarbonisation, decentralisation and digitalisation. These trends are reflected in its three key business areas of Grid & Infrastructure, Retail and Renewables.
The innogy Innovation Hub is leading this charge, disrupting innogy’s business model and shaping the future of the industry. We have set up outposts in Silicon Valley, Berlin, London and Tel Aviv, created Lighthouses to focus our efforts in specific areas of customer insight, and are now rapidly developing and testing new business models in small, dedicated teams.
These teams are the driving force of the innogy Innovation Hub. Using Lean and Agile methodologies and operating with a start-up mentality they are building the new business models, which will transform the energy market.
Be part of the exciting development of a broad range of new products in the area of Smart Home, new energy concepts and urban technology. Driven by a global team of inventive and committed specialists; enhanced by a capable and resourceful multinational enterprise. In this environment, you have the opportunity to work with the top of the class in digital innovation and a network of determined experts in every field, all supported by a global company that has put the promotion of start-ups and innovation as their top priority for the next decade.
Our Finance Department is looking for a Performance Manager (m/f) with a strong focus on Start-up evaluation, planning, reporting and forecasting.
Purpose of the Job
You will support the Leadership Team of innogy Innovation Hub and innogy Ventures with portfolio management, reporting and start-up evaluations. You employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
Our finance department is focused on 3 main topics around investing in start-ups and new ventures.
- Providing transparency and management information about financial performance of innogy innovation and its participations
- Financial due diligences, business modelling and or structuring, participation management of early, growth and mature business stage investments
- Developing and guiding innovation leaders and employees, in basic skills about performance management, business modelling and structuring etc.
In this role you will be responsible for regular reporting of our investments and ensure transparency for all aspects of portfolio management.
- Investment controlling as well as portfolio management
- Spin-Off and Start-up evaluations, including analyzing profit-and-loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements
- Providing financial analysis to support deal-teams
- Preparation of regulatory reports in compliance with regulations and instructions
- Performing ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigative issues
- Represent our company internally and externally to all stakeholders from innovation ecosystems as well as in innogy
- M.A./M.S. degree in Business Administration, Economics or Mathematics or similar discipline with analytical bias, 1 to 2 years relevant work experience in Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Consulting, Financial Management, Controlling, etc. would be an advantage
- Fluent in English, and German
- Proven familiarity with concepts of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong Business Sense and excellent communication skills, working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Highly analytical, detail oriented
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
- Experience working with data mining and reporting tools and other financial systems
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German would be an advantage