Innovation Landing Pad Manager (m/f)
Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
Business Development Projektmanagement Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2016
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) is establishing a number of global innovation landing pads to support the Australian Government’s innovation strategy. The primary objective of a landing pad is to assist Australian start-ups validate or promote the design and development of their product, or service business model, by exploring in-market business development, investment, mentorship and strategic partnership opportunities. http://www.australiaunlimited.com/landing-pads
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic business professional who will provide strategic advice and local support to market-ready Australian start-ups at the Berlin landing pad.
Reporting to the Australian Senior Trade & Investment Commissioner in Frankfurt, the Landing Pad Manager will project manage each start‑up and provide expertise and strategic advice on
- navigating local conditions, regulations and business culture;
- marketing strategy;
- opportunities to access angel investors, venture capital and other sources of investment;
- start-up structure and business process design, e‑business strategy, supply chain management, sourcing talent in the local labour market.
The role will facilitate engagement between start-ups and local business ecosystems, including
- direct introductions to innovations networks;
- coordinating events that facilitate genuine networking opportunities;
- access to targeted Austrade programs that provide access to sectoral opportunities;
- introductions to local government agencies that provide support programs for new businesses and start-ups.
Some domestic and international travel may be required.
The successful candidate will bring
- at least eight years’ experience in business development, business consulting and strategy or marketing management, preferably within a start‑up context or an international focus;
- a deep understanding of local opportunities for accessing venture capital and investment;
- a wide network of business and regulatory contacts to assist start‑ups navigate the local business environment;
- strong business communication, interpersonal and representational skills, including the ability to engage with senior executives across business and/or government;
- a high level of professionalism, integrity, personal initiative and adaptability.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant business field are essential (e.g. international business, finance, marketing, business law, economics, business analytics or business administration).
Please submit your applicant by accessing Austrade’s recruitment portal at: