Internal IT Lead (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for an Internal IT Lead (f/m, full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
As one of the fatest growing startups in Berlin, Babbel faces challenges not only while scaling its infrastructure to meet customer demand but also satisfying the growing need for structured IT management and support.
As an Internal IT Lead you will be responsible for providing the broad vision and expertise that is required to take Babbel's IT setup on to the next level and into a sustainable future.
- Provide deep technical expertise, knowledge and vision for the design and upkeep of Babbel's internal IT infrastructure
- Support our Internal IT engineers in implementing hardware and software strategies.
- Represent Babbel's workforce as a stakeholder in management decisions regarding IT equipment and supporting systems
- Hands-on work, especially concerning the networking infrastructure and server administration
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT services and administration: We are running a complicated setup of interconnected tools, equipment and dedicated machines serving our employees on a 24/7 basis. You need to know and understand how to design, implement and run maintenance on such an intricate system and anticipate complications and developments for the future.
- You're an Apple/OSX fanatic: We are a Mac driven company. Nearly any and all of our employees are sporting Apple equipment, with a few Windows/Linux users sprinkled about. You should be intrinsically familiar with what makes OSX tick and what running large scale OSX deployments require in terms of management, investment and oversight.
- You're familiar with network and system administration: Part of you job will require administrating hardware and software on a very detailed level. This includes actual hands-on hardware operations, installation and maintenance no less than designing and implementing software solution to run on such installed hardware.
- A plus: A strong knowledge toward and familiarity with Linux/FreeBSD/pfSense and Ubiquiti products as well as the OSI layer model, fibreoptic connections and the challenges regarding cascaded routing and (IPSec/OpenVPN) VPN.
- Attention to detail and an analytical working style: You’re not satisfied when something just doesn’t work. You want to get to the bottom of it. Period.
- English is a must: You’ll be working with people from all around the world. Interacting with and understanding each other is paramount.
- Open-minded, easy-going and respectful attitude towards all kinds of (unusual) requests: You are part of a broader team, with people coming from different countries, backgrounds, experience levels and preferences. We demand a high level of professionalism and focus while not neglecting and appreciating a culture of tolerance and understanding.
- You love open source as much as we do: Our company is built on it, we really enjoy working with it and so should you!
- Tackle high impact problems with a dedicated team using the latest cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility and decisions from day one
- Professional and personal growth within a fast growing team with a variety of long-term prospects
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours and vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bikes, public transport passes, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
Please apply via: https://babbel.workable.com/j/2EC3E55E1D