Investment Analyst (m/f)
innogy Ventures GmbH
Beginn: Juli 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
innogy Ventures is looking for an ambitious Investment Analyst (m/f) in Essen or Berlin.
innogy Ventures is the venture capital arm of innogy SE, one of Europe’s largest utility companies. Our purpose is to find the best teams that strive to make the world a better place. As a true financial Investor our primary goal is to generate superior returns through profitable exits.
We run a quick and transparent investment process and take a collaborative, portfolio-first approach. Each venture is supported with a hands-on attitude, deep market understanding and business development assistance.
- Conducting market research and keeping up-to-date with the knowledge of the market, current industry trends and competitive landscape
- Finding, analyzing and assessing investment opportunities
- Financial and commercial analysis and due diligence
- Active monitoring of portfolio companies
- Gathering and reviewing of financial and other information from portfolio companies and a variety of other sources
- Preparation of financial models to evaluate investment returns, P&L, cash flows and capital requirements
- Supporting the investment team in all relevant areas of the business
- University degree or equivalent practical experience, preferably in economics or natural sciences with additional business qualifications
- Enthusiasm for digital business models and understanding of capital markets
- First practical experience in strategy consulting, venture capital, private equity, investment banking (e.g. equity research), or start-up management
- Commercial mind-set with attention to detail and analytical competence
- Financial analysis and modelling skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment, managing a variety of projects and meeting deadlines, showing initiative and taking on responsibility
- Ability to thrive under ambiguity and demonstrate creativity and intellectual flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Very good Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Diversified work environment with challenging tasks
- Deep insights into various digital business models, contributing to investments in early and growth stage start-ups
- Highly professional, cooperative and friendly working culture in flat structure that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
We are looking forward to your application in German or English, including your preferred working location and earliest starting date.
T: +49 (0) 201 89 07 89 00