Investment and Banking Lead as Co-Founder (m/f)
Finance Co-Founder Management
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2015
Project “HaiHappen” is all about FinTech. Our current venture is driven by its mission to prevent millions of people from losing their savings by providing the easiest, most intuitive investment platform of highest innovation and scalability. As such it successfully raised the attention of various well-known business angels, venture capitalists and financial institutions - underlining its huge market potential. In order to turn a brilliant product into a big market success we are looking for an
Entrepreneurial Investment and Banking Lead / Co-Founder (m/f)
This Is Your Mission
Phase 1 (Building)
- You will build initial investment portfolios of diligently selected stocks and derivatives to be published on our investment platform - rooted in your financial markets experience.
- You will define processes and features for the continuous development of our investment platform - jointly with the CTO - utilizing your insights into brokerage and trading systems.
- You will attract partner institutions and enable regulatory compliance and approval - working closely with the CEO - leveraging your knowledge and network.
Phase 2 (Scaling)
- Following product traction and/or a significant investment round, your attention will shift from getting things done to getting things big - by leading a top notch investment team and by continuously evaluating and implementing additional growth opportunities.
This Is What You Bring
- Your professional experience clearly demonstrates your roots in banking and investment and ideally also in (online) brokerage to an extent, that you know how to approach the right players within the respective industry.
- Having a finance related university degree and/or initial startup experience is considered a plus. Experience in establishing a trading platform and/or based on a senior position with an online broker is considered a strong plus.
- You are familiar with methodologies of financial analysis (fundamental, technical, sentiment) to a point where you feel comfortable publicating and where you could introduce them to a team. Knowing the right tools and services prevents you from having to reinvest the wheel.
- Proficiency in applying investment strategies as well as all common trading mechanisms (order types, etc.) allows you to define those to an extent, that they can be incorporated into our trading platform in an automated way.
- Understanding the financial industry in its general entirety, i.e. the roles and interactions of its institutions and players; it’s just a no brainer to you. What really sets you apart with a strong plus is knowledge of the common systems and interfaces used and provided.
Social and Personal Skills
- We realize that success in finance requires a very analytical approach, probably most easily achieved in peace and quiet. However, as co-founder your job will also develop towards leadership and representation, requiring good communication skills in English (and German as a strong plus), joy in working in a team, and the ability to manage conflict.
- Acting entrepreneurial additionally requires sense of responsibility, ability to work towards goals, and in particular independence, positivity and self-motivation.
This Is What You Get
- Real impact: you will be first to join! You will complete the founding team, working closely with the CEO (experienced serial entrepreneur), our highly skilled CTO, and exceptionally smart top management peers to come - who will both value and rely on your work and input.
- The right culture and values! Let’s create them jointly. Are you thinking along the lines of no politics, results over face time, and ideas over hierarchy? Well, here we go.
- Huge financial upside! We know there are quite some traditional banks and institutions out there that pay you nicely by the month. However, we are looking for an entrepreneurial mind, willing to put in some sweat in exchange for a significant share in a high potential venture. Be just another employee today or join us now and become so much more – up to you.
What else to know
Remuneration: Significant sweat equity (in phase 1) and added competitive salary (in phase 2).
Starting Date: ASAP (having smaller projects to complete on the side is ok in phase 1).
Location: Hamburg, Berlin (mostly remote work possible in phase 1).
How to apply
This is you ready to go big? Let us know by sending an e-mail (in English or German) to Frank (XING / LinkedIn).
Please include your CV and links to XING or LinkedIn. Mention why you would consider yourself a perfect fit by linking what you have done and what you would like to do, to those things we are looking for above. No need to do a formal cover letter; plain text / bullet points is fine.
Please refrain from applying, if all you care about is fame and salary. Those ready to put their head and sweat in the game in exchange for a big upside potential: We are looking forward to hearing from you!