IT Systems Administrator (m/f)
Beginn: September 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Atheneum is a global knowledge broker, which connects leading investment funds, consulting firms, and corporations with the world’s most renowned experts to empower our clients’ business decisions and support them on core strategic projects. Thanks to the Atheneum Expert Network, and complemented by our custom recruitment, clients can gain the latest and most in-depth insights across more than 7,000 niche market segments.
The company's global footprint extends over 7 offices on 4 continents including Berlin, London, New York, Santiago de Chile, Lahore, Shanghai, and Hong Kong, and our Team represents 35+ nationalities and 40+ languages.
Joining Atheneum is a unique chance to contribute to a dynamic, fast growing company in a highly innovative industry. It is an opportunity to work in an extremely international and fun team that is driven to succeed. At Atheneum you will face a high level of responsibility and challenging projects from day one, but you will also have the support from your colleagues and superiors to succeed in your role and grow professionally.
As an IT Systems Administrator you will work together with the IT team to ensure smooth running of our global office IT related matter. Moreover, you will have the chance to contribute to a dynamic, growth company in a highly innovative industry with an excellent working atmosphere and great team spirit.
- Direct cooperation with IT Support and responsibility for second and third level support of our offices in different time zones.
- Daily systems health monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs (backups).
- Security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions or risks.
- Daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing environment.
- Responsibility for up-to-date documentation of systems configuration.
- Interaction with our providers (German/English) and computer users (English) to determine the nature of complex problems.
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings.
- Maintaining records of software licenses.
- Managing assets, stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
- Report directly to IT Manager.
Profiles We Are Looking For
- Industry certifications are an advantage.
- Working knowledge of best practices in regards of software and hardware design and recovery techniques necessary to keep technology environment operational and accessible.
- Knowledge of the Windows Server 2012/2008 operating environment and related security, patching, monitoring, and other management/administration software and components.
- Strong knowledge of Networking, server backups and restore, administration, policies, retention, and scheduling.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Administrative experience with following platforms and systems: Windows Server 2012/2008, Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows 7/8.1, Microsoft Office 365, Mac OS X, Apple iOS, Cisco and Zyxel Security appliances, Dell servers, HP switches, APC UPS
- Prior work experience gained in any position involving contact with customers or the general public is an advantage, but not necessary.
- Ability to work independently and high level of responsibility.
- Problem solving attitude and good communication skills.
- Very good English skills, German language knowledge is an advantage.
Please send your most recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application.