Java Backend Developer (m/f)
Visual Meta GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Visual Meta GmbH is an innovative e-commerce company based in the heart of Berlin, which has grown rapidly since being founded in 2009. In 2011 our company has been taken over by the Axel Springer Group.
We are looking for “Java Backend Developer (m/f)” on a full-time basis to help us inventing, extending and scaling our backend services for leading shopping comparison platforms worldwide like LadenZeile and ShopAlike.
We deal a lot with data mining and analysis, large databases, images, search technologies, machine learning and web technologies. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, Spring, Eclipse and Tomcat.
- University degree in engineering, computer science or similar
- Decent experience in programming with Java
- Good skills with database systems such as MySQL
- Sufficient knowledge about Hadoop and HBase is a plus
- Eager to learn new technologies and extend knowledge
- Highly motivated and love writing software
- Analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” mentality
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Managing the data warehousing, reporting and visualization
- Improving our online marketing applications and our data processing / bidding systems
- Developing back office applications / content management systems
- Scaling databases for MySQL and Hadoop
- Controlling the service integration and operating with administration tools
What we offer
- Integration into a committed, successful and international team
- Continuous training possibilities and room for further personal development
- Large impact due to small, excellent development teams and professional data center environments
- Leading-edge technology to solve challenging problems and to build great software
- Healthy snacks (fruits, cereals), water and hot drinks
- Flexible working hours, team events, corporate events and leisure activities to support your work-life balance
If you are interested in an exciting position within a friendly team, please submit your application in English to the attention of Johannes Schaback, including cover letter, CV, your earliest starting date, salary expectations as well as relevant references, by using the following Link: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=orjlZfwO&s=Gründerszene
We are looking forward to receiving your application!