Junior Backend Developer (m/w)
Beginn: März 2017
We are building the world’s best search engine for vacation rentals. Our vision is to finally make finding and booking the right rental easy. What sets us apart? The technology and data driven brains behind! We take pride in using cutting edge technologies like ElasticSearch, TensorFlow and Nanoservices to build a superior product. Do you want to get your hands dirty on self-developed tools and software? Then Holidu is the right place for you!
Our Tech Stack
- RESTful APIs with Java 8, Play 2.4, Guice & Spring, Ebean
- Search engine with Elasticsearch 5.2.0 cluster
- SPA Frontend in AngularJS 1.5.3, JQuery 2.2.3, Less, HTML5
- Hosting at Amazon Web Services
- Data storages with PostgreSQL 9.5, MongoDB 3, Redis 2.8
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Nano services with Amazon Lambda
- Virtualization with Docker, automatization with Ansible
- Monitoring with ELK 5.2.0, NewRelic and own technologies
- Versioning with Git
- BigData und Machine/Deep Learning with Redshift, Spark and TensorFlow
What you will do
- Continuously refine our search technology
- Independently develop internal tools
- Drive automatization of processes
- Create highly scalable applications with state of the art technologies
What we are looking for
- At least one year of practical experience during or after your studies
- Experience in Java development
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Well-structured approach to problem analysis and solution development
- Strong motivation to constantly learn and apply new technologies
- You worked independently on private or university projects
What you can expect from us
- An international team of technology enthusiasts where you can take over responsibility from the first day
- Access to experienced mentors who are CTOs and heads of leading technology companies such as Spotify, Zalando, GetPrice, SK Gaming etc.
- Your ideas and technologies will have a high impact on Holidu.
- Possibilities to attend meetups and conferences.
- Internal Hackathons and Innovation-Days to work on and present innovative ideas and technologies.
- Fun team activities like BBQs, soccer, parties, ski-trips, etc.
- Best coffee in town and a relaxed startup atmosphere in the heart of Munich (If you don’t believe us, swing by and have a coffee chat with us)
Want to join us? Then go ahead and post a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Please indicate where you found our job ad.