Junior Buyer/ Junior Einkäufer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2014
Joss & Main (http://www.jossandmain.com), a division of Wayfair, is a leading private sale site focused on premium goods for the home, offered curated sales and the finest brands at discounts of up to 70% off. We are seeking a home-space commercial manager (buyer) to lead and expand major categories in our fast growing, home-focused e-commerce business.
We are looking currently in Berlin for a
Junior Buyer/ Junior Einkäufer (m/f)
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious professional who has a flair and passion for the home and is interested in a role with a rapid growth trajectory. We are looking for a self-starter with the sparkle in the eyes when it comes to negotiations, analysis and new trends.
- Forge and expand strong supplier partnerships
- Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and develop pipeline of sales events
- Plan, manage and produce a number of sales events per week to revenue and profitability targets with input from manager
- Collaborate with Merchandising/Event Production team to maximize sell through and item velocity
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Analyze event performance data to determine areas of improvement in collaboration with manager
- Analyze competitor marketing and pricing
- Collaborate frequently with other Joss & Main departments (Operations, Pricing) in order to drive revenue and profits
- Travel to trade shows with Senior Buyer
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree (B.A., B.Sc. or M.A., M.Sc.) in economics, business administration (BWL), communications or equivalent
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Above average track record – either in university or outside: Show us how you´ve changed the world already!
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Able to use MS Excel to manipulate data and create useful business insights
- Analytical thinker, able to apply data-driven insights to commercial decisions
- Professional, bright and customer focused
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Familiarity with private sales trends and developments
- Flair and passion for interior decorating
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team or individually
- You speak- beside fluent English – on a native level English, German, Italian, French or Spanish
- Willing and available to travel
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Pls apply via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
We´ll review each and every application but of course we get back to you as soon as possible!
About Joss & Main
Joss & Main (http://www.jossandmain.com), a unique and innovative e-retailer for aspirational home goods and lifestyle products, is a privately held division of Wayfair LLC, the world’s largest online destination for the home. Within 18 months of launch we have scaled from zero to become one of the largest flash sale sites for the home, and are on track to reach a business of well over than $100m by the end of this year. We are a daily destination that brings design within reach of every consumer, offering curated events and coveted products at prices that can’t be found elsewhere. We help our members who are proud of their homes bring their style to life, discovering just the right pieces to enrich every individual taste. We have a highly editorial, highly curated, and very high involvement brand that resonates strongly and has rapidly created significant loyalty from its several million members. By delighting our members every day with the thrill of the find, we are setting new records for engagement and very rapidly scaling our revenue and profitability. Our team of marketers, designers, buyers, merchandisers and technologists are revolutionizing sales for home goods with our ability to draw from the world’s largest selection of goods. Our mission is to bring the most desirable and sought-after brands to the consumers who want them most, serving as a highly effective retail channel for the best products & names in furniture, décor, cookware, accents, textiles, personal accessories, services and more.
With $915 million in revenue, Wayfair is Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and employs more than 1,500 people in its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company was named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Wayfair is privately held and has raised over $200 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners and HarbourVest Partners. The company was recently named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and was selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.