Junior Frontend Engineer (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Beginn: August 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a full-time Junior Frontend Engineer to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning.
You are a Frontend developer that loves to solve challenging technical problems and create stunning user experience.
You will collaborate with smart people in a fast-paced environment to shape new Babbel features from first drafts and prototypes to release and maintenance.
You are an eager learner and like to develop a full stack skill sets.
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team to deliver the next release of Babbel
- Develop concepts and prototypes working closely with fellow developers, product owners and designers
- Turn prototypes into production ready features
- Evaluate latest web technologies for their suitability in a production environment
- Take ownership of features, work with the team and stakeholders to implement great functionality and stunning user experience
- Work closely together with other engineering teams (backend, mobile, devops) to ensure seamless user experience and efficient overall architecture
- 2+ years experience with building and maintaining web applications
- Experience with implementing user interfaces that work across device capabilities and screen sizes
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- Passion about Web Standards
- Software development talent proven by great work results/experience, hobby projects or open source contributions
- OPTIONAL Basic knowledge of the Ruby on Rails application stack
- OPTIONAL Experience with building multi-language web applications
- OPTIONAL Eye for design and usability details
- Tackle high volume, scaleable problems with cutting-edge technologies
- The potential to change how millions of users worldwide learn languages
- Responsibility from day one the support to grow professionally and personally
- Pair programming and coaching from our senior developers
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
Why work at Babbel?
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)
Please apply via: https://babbel.workable.com/j/1BDAC1CADC