Junior HR Manager (m/w) Learning & Development
Max-Beer-Str. 2, 10119 Berlin
Beginn: Juni 2017
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 400 team members from over 36 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
As the Junior HR Manager Learning and Development, you will work with our In-house Trainer and the HR team to plan and execute a variety of trainings for line managers and employees. The contract is limited to one year.
- Own, manage and improve all self-directed and HR-led learning and development programs together with other HR Managers L&D
- Support Line Managers and employees with all L&D related matters during the employee lifecycle – onboarding, performance management, offboarding, etc.
- Consolidate and improve benefits, policies, guidelines and HR processes together with other HR teams
- Develop enduring relationships to understand the staff's development targets and align them with Babbel's strategy
- Partner with trainers and other stakeholders, who carry out trainings, to collect feedback from participants after trainings
- Plan and carry out basic staff trainings around topics along the employee lifecycle
- Basic working experience in a Learning & Development team (or similar) in a high growth start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on HR (or a related field); MA is a plus
- Excellent Business English skills, both written and spoken; German skills are a plus
- Good comprehension of MS Office, Google Apps, iOS Apps (e.g. Keynote, Power Point, etc.)
- Strong commitment and basic knowledge about training methodology and concepts
- A clear communication style with the basic ability to engage relevant stakeholders
- High intercultural awareness and engagement to collaborate across diverse teams
- Basic facilitation skills
- Basic ability to think in holistic terms and explain complex workflows using the most appropriate medium
- A customer-focused attitude with attention to detail and follow through
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Learn from a team with strong expertise
- High quality, useful product
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)