Android Developer (m/f)
IT Sonstige Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Who we are
Klarna is one of Europe's fastest growing and most exciting financial technologies (FinTech) company valued at over $2.5bn and we’re growing by 40% a year. Here at Klarna we are striving to become the world’s favourite way to buy. It is a bold objective, but we are well on course to achieving it.
Klarna is already operating in 18 markets and we plan to keep expanding. We serve 60 million consumers, work with 70 000 merchants and process more than a million transactions a day. We have some pretty heavy-weight investors including Visa, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Anders Povlsen.
Unicorns are rare - and we are one of them! Unicorns are tech startups valued at over 1$Bn. Moreover, Klarna is listed 8th on CNBC most ‘disruptive companies in the world’ list for 2016, alongside Uber, AirBnB and coming above companies like Snapchat and Spotify - we are really starting to change the global world of payments.
Are you looking for a new adventure in the European fintech scene? Do you want to spread cashless experiences across Europe? Then join Wavy and become part of the Klarna Family!
Wavy is a new social payment app offered by Klarna Bank AB, which solves the problem of sharing payments easily among friends. Wavy is live in 31 European countries, on 3 platforms (Android, iOS and web) and enables its users to share payments via any social channel.
What you will do
- You are responsible for developing and implementing new, user-friendly and technically sophisticated features with state-of-the-art technologies for our Android Application
- You deliver high quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
- You are writing unit and integration tests
- You are working closely together with other engineering disciplines (backend and mobile/web frontend) and a cross-functional team of product owners, designers and analysts
Who you are
- At least 3 years of Experience in Android app Development
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java. This includes unit-tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with Retrofit, OkHttp, RxAndroid, Glide or Picasso is a plus
- Experience with Unit tests libraries, such as Mockito, Robolectric or Espresso is a plus
- Experience with Java8 and/or Kotlin is a plus
- Strong communication skills in English
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- 30 days of annual leave every year
- Flexible work schedule
- International working environment in central Berlin
- Learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks
- Amazing relocation package.
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all different backgrounds and experiences. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.