Lead Android Developer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
DaWanda is the online marketplace for unique and handmade items. Designers and creatives offer their one of a kind and limited-edition products for sale on www.dawanda.com. Going against the grain of mass-production, DaWanda is a haven for those who value individuality and responsible consumption, as much as they like the latest trends. On the website you can find unique fashion, accessories, baby items and home decor. DaWanda is a social commerce platform, where consumers can exchange creative ideas and find inspiration from one another. Many products are created to the individual specifications of the buyer. For designers and employees alike, DaWanda offers a springboard from which talents can unfold and develop into an amazing career.
You love developing Apps for Android? You use a butterknife not only while breakfast? When you hear "Otto" and "Bus" you don´t only think about the Simpsons? You want to work in a dynamic team with motivated colleagues from all over the world? You have strong interest in new technologies, passion for developing apps and want to work in a technology focused company?
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our mobile strategy, we are looking for a Lead Android Developer (m/f). In this position, you will be responsible for the optimization and maintenance of our existing Android App and development of completely new apps from scratch.
- Build up and lead a team of Android Developers
- Developing Apps for Android phones by collaborating with product managers, designers and user experience teams
- Specification of Restful APIs to connect our Apps with our backend (Ruby)
- Write High Quality Code by Unit-, System- & Integrationtesting
- Help driving the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
- Utilize various tools or frameworks to deliver rapid iterations of software features
- Raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency and all the other things that make great Apps great
- Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to your team
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring and training other developers on complex technical issues
- Ability to tackle challenging problems on a tight schedule
- Understanding of system and application performance limits and characteristic
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams, stakeholders and Product Owner to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Deep Knowledge in Android, (Java, Eclipse + ADT or the IntelliJ Android Studio), iOS (Objective-C) or first Xamarin and Windows Mobile (C#) knowledge a plus
- You worked in Agile Teams or have knowledge of SCRUM Methodology
What we offer
- Be part of one of Europe’s most loved internet brands
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- To see your ideas become a reality and generate value
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Work in a beautiful loft in Berlin Charlottenburg
If you are interested in this position, please apply through the following link http://bit.ly/dawandaleadandroiddev stating the earliest date you could start and indicate your salary expectations.