Lead Product Manager (m/f)
Innogy Innovation GmbH
Beginn: August 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Come shape the future with us – If you can imagine what business will look, feel and be like in the future, we are looking forward to learning about your ideas. innogy Generator fosters innovative, digitally-focused business models for the future. The programme offers the partnership, coaching and infrastructure you need to transition from a start-up to a high-performance, high-growth business.
Our project core areas are:
- Smart & Connected - We’re developing exciting areas of innovation that can change the way we live.
- Urban Solutions - Creating solutions that improve the quality of life and work in European megacities.
- Disruptive Digital - Identifying and fostering new digital business models with the potential to revolutionise the traditional energy world.
- Big Data - For us, “data is the new oil” – a tremendously valuable resource with the power to fuel innovation.
- Machine Economy - We're developing IoT, AI or blockchain based decentralized business models for a people serving Sharing Collaborative Economy.
We’re committed to using it to maximise benefits for both our customers and our company). We aim to radically innovate energy to unlock a smart, responsible and people-powered future. This is the aspired goal that drives our daily work. We value both cultural and professional diversity. We do not only look for new start-ups but also for colleagues in various positions within the hub.
Lead Product Manager (m/f)
We build on people! Become a part of the innogy Innovation Hub as a Lead Product Manager to be ideally based in Berlin. This role will be a great opportunity for you if you are creative, curious and interested in innovation. This person would be a consultant to the ventures and the main focus would be on UX/UI, product design and business modelling.
Set-up a resource pool containing standardized tools, white label solutions or routines that are applicable to most of the projects and a network of internal and external interfaces and experts.
He/She also focuses on building our client’s own expertise. Internally the Lead Product Manager will establish a productive working relationship with the technical innovation and business development and strategy teams at the operational side as well as the outposts of the innovation hub.
Externally he/she will set up a network of accessible design organizations, service companies and experts in various needed areas who can be assigned to the different projects when needed and become a valued member in the global start-up community.
PRODUCT & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Build trusting relationships to scale the business
- Develop a standardized set of tools and processes which can be easily adopted to each project
- Set up and continually improve the product management processes for the hub as well as for the PoC-teams and respective start-ups before permanent teams take over
- Act as an expert consultant for the product managers in the PoC-teams/Start-ups, who conceptualize, launch and manage new products globally (be able to dive right in, when needed)
- Expand, utilize and manage a network of service providers and flexible UX/UI designers, customer experience professional and product experts
- Work with People and Talent Team and on setting up and maintaining a flexible pool of accessible skills
- Supervise MVP-development and definition of medium-term roadmap
- Expand, utilize and manage a network of flexible product managers and design resources for project placement on user insights, UI/UX/interaction/product design, art direction, etc.
- Work with HR and expert cell on setting up and maintaining a flexible pool off accessible skills
EXPERTS OF THE INNOVATION HUB WITHIN THE COMPANY
- Build relationships and networks and to influence up to the senior management level of business to achieve short and long-term goals in your role as expert
- Work with expert cell colleagues on increasing speed in innovation cycles while working from insights to ideas, to rapid prototyped pilots to scaling-up
- Enhance core communication materials in support of business development
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, innovative, and excel at “thinking big” while defining and implementing new business strategies based on industry trends and competitive analysis. The ability to think outside of the box, to solve complex problems and to prioritize multiple projects, is key to success.
You have a passion and understanding for the latest trends in the internet, IT and energy sector and it is easy for you to enthuse others for digital innovations. You have an excellent intuition for viable products and a strong ability to visualize ideas. You think differently and creatively but are also a strong operator who keeps the budget in mind. You take the view of the customer and drive insights and action plans from data. You scientifically optimize for superior results, distil customer needs into a prioritized list of initiatives and ultimately deliver a track record of strong execution across multiple levers.
- Successfully completed university degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related technical field
- A minimum of 8 years of product management experience in a consumer oriented, high-performance organization (start-up), at least 2 years in a management position
- Ideally experience in design positions like UI/UX, interaction, product design and art direction
- Knowledge in all relevant product management methods and tools (including reporting)
- Intuitive grasp of what constitutes a good UX and ability to recruit and assess and guide designers
- Deep expertise in lean project management and agile methods as well as MVP (minimum viable product) development through rapid prototyping
- Ability to prioritize while keeping a close track on individual progresses and needs
- Sensitive to clients’ needs, can develop warm client relationships.
- Strong network in the digital scene regarding (freelance) product managers, developers and designers
- Ideally experienced in working in a global environment with virtual teams
- Collaborates well in a team environment with good motivation skills and the ability to assert oneself
- Highly flexible and adaptable, eager to thrive in a rapidly changing, complex environment
- Enthusiastic working in highly innovative projects and target and customer focused
- Proficient oral and written communications English and German language skills.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A position in which you are part of Germany’s most ambitious and valuable innovation hub which is part of a global company
- Broad scope of responsibility with a lot of room for ideas and innovative concepts
- Fast-paced business, a dedicated, global team with a flat hierarchy and access to a network of highly skilled specialists and start-ups
Please note the following:
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Fraction: Full-Time
(Group) company: innogy
innogy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Are you interested?
Then please apply preferably online and email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application!
More information about innogy and current positions on