Junior Intelligence Analyst (m/f)
Lufthansa Innovation Hub GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) - named "Germany's Best Digital Lab 2017" (Capital) - is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group. The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of travel tech, mobility and e-commerce for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
LIH leverages established, proven business models and companies with the assets of Lufthansa Group and develops its own, tailor-made solutions based on tangible customer pain points. Shaping the travel of tomorrow, the unit works closely with experts in the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven entrepreneurs from the startup ecosystem.
The Junior Intelligence Analyst (m/f) plays a leading role in accelerating the LIH’s research content pipeline through in-depth analyses of trends and developments in the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem around the globe.
With the help of cutting-edge research and analysis tools, you will systematically track and screen the global startup ecosystem, compare and benchmark the performance of leading travel websites and apps, spot and identify R&D initiatives by key industry players and systematically observe and interpret media coverage on Travel & Mobility Tech topics – all in order to help predict which emerging trends and digitally-driven innovation efforts will succeed and which will vanish using data and not your opinion.
As part of the fairly fresh Research & Intelligence unit, the position will give you the chance to establish a long-term-oriented knowhow basis grounded in the context of digital innovation and the future of travel and mobility. You will be involved in curating crisp market intelligence driving forward decisions in the Lufthansa Innovation Hub Venture Development team as well as Lufthansa Group innovation units.
- Business, Economics or Finance degree from leading business school or university, quantitative focus a plus
- Analyst profile with 1+ years of experience (internships included) in equity research, investment banking, strategy consulting, venture capital, market intelligence or market research
- Analytical skills with a highly numerate mindset and a zeal for accuracy
- Strong business acumen with the ability to synthesize data and derive meaningful conclusions and insights
- Strong Excel (to clean, transform, analyze, predict data) and powerpoint skills (to synthesize and package insights)
- Visualization skills (e.g. via Tableau) and other advanced analytics tools a big plus
- Hands-on professional database experience (e.g. Bloomberg, CapIQ, Pitchbook, Similarweb, Mattermark, Tracxn or CBI)
- Credible understanding of major technologies, startups and their relevant growth drivers
- Fluent in English and German
- Understand business objectives and compile, analyze and synthesize statistical data, utilizing an existing portfolio of cutting-edge research tools
- Write data-driven research that combines our internal data with outside data sets to identify key trends and insights that dissect the momentum of Travel & Mobility Tech startups
- Visualize data-driven analysis, help build interactive dashboards and take our data-driven storytelling to the next level
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties research and implement best practices
- Be our first point of contact for structural information needs in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech
- Manage ongoing trend watching, market analysis and foresight
What we offer
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international startup ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Multi-faceted corporate culture in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
Please send your application via E-Mail. For further information visit our website.