Manager Data Science & Operations (m/f)
Axel Springer Digital GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Dezember 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Axel Springer is looking for people, who are able to develop themselves and their job role.
Axel Springer SE is one of the leading media companies in Europe. Our strategy, our company values, and our commitment of our employees are the basis of our success. We try to creatively and passionately shape the future of media. We are looking for people, who are open to new ideas, able to express their opinions, motivated and ambitious to become a part of the Axel Springer family.
We see digitalization as an opportunity and actively shape it. With our size and diversity, we should use our joint working capabilities, so we can be stronger together. As part of the Marketing & Classifieds Division, our new department Corporate Digital Platforms (CPD) focusses on the topics: Data-Usage, registrations, technological advertising solutions and distribution in order to form closer networks within our corporate group. We are looking for you to support this new division at Axel Springer Digital GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Axel Springer SE.
- Analyzing product data and marketing campaigns, as well as deriving product and marketing KPIs
- Evaluating machine learning algorithms and data usage for scoring models and classification
- Understanding business models and selecting best approaches to improve their performance
- Providing independent consultancy services to the digital units, as well as cooperating in and monitoring the implementation of best possible methods for data analysis
- Identifying market trends and new business opportunities
- Acting as the interface between international, inter-disciplinary groups of experts
- Supporting the business development and unit cooperation
- Excellent university qualification (Informatics Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or comparable)
- 2–3 years of experience in applying statistical methods
- Know-how in working with databases and analysis tools (R, Tableau) as well as initial programming experience (SQL) are an advantage
- Strategically analytical and goal-oriented working style in own responsibility
- Hands-on mentality, team spirit and stress-resistant
- Fluent German and English, and very good MS Office skills
What we offer
- Participation in the group-wide data strategy with a high degree of self-responsibility
- A varied range of challenging tasks on which the entire spectrum of the AS data monetarization is taught
- Deep insights into the digital media industry with a focus on Big Data and Business Development
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Attractive and exciting job in the digital economy coupled with the security and performance of a successful group in the capital city Berlin
Questions regarding this permanent position (reference number 008400046) will be answered gladly by Julia Lange.
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.