Manager of the Think Tank (m/f)
Go Silicon Valley e.V.
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2016
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Manager of the Think Tank
Megatrends such as globalization, urbanization and energy shortages are among the major challenges of our future. Our client is responding to the resulting tasks - with plenty of pioneering spirit and an innovative, resource-efficient technology.
The international operating company moves water within buildings and supplying infrastructure. People are important to our client and therefore they are improving quality of life. While the company provides intelligent solutions now, they want to approach the future thinking beyond.
Anyone wanting to join, will find plenty of scope for ideas and personal fulfillment.
For the Think Tank of our client we are looking for you as "Manager of the Think Tank" in Berlin at the earliest opportunity.
The Think Tank is expected to make a significant contribution to the development of the company and ensure the future viability and sustainability. As an independent unit in Berlin the Think Tank will build digital expertise and accelerate the development of new business models by leveraging disruptive approaches from the start up scene.
The essential questions the Think Tank is aiming to find answers to, will be:
where and how is the business model of our client vulnerable?
How can our client generate new business models driven by digitalization? What ensures the companies sustainability for the next 100 years?
Your major tasks as Manager of the Think Tank
- Building the Think Tank from scratch
- Scouting IoT and Big Data Trends and start ups
- Screening innovative business models, also beyond core areas of today's business, and evaluation of potential investment opportunities
- Determinating the direction of the Think Tank in alignment with the Digital-Team
- Recommendations for our client and its' Digital-Team
- Developing strategic guidelines
- Establishing a profile for the Think Tank and being the face to networks and ecosystems
- Management of the Think Tank
- Setting up a budget
- Recruiting & teaming
- Reporting to the Digital-Team of our client
Academic degree / background (preferably management or technology based, possibly with a scientific background and knowledge), but at least the ability to perform tasks analytically, methodically and structured.
You are standing out through strategic thinking, have already filled (project) management positions, as also led and selected teams and ideally lived the start up life on the inside.
Additionally, you have outstanding communication and networking skills and can bank on an existing network within the digital industry.
- Have know how in innovation methods and processes
- Know the Berlin and German start up scene
- Will come up with a vision which you will also execute
- Are a motivating team leader, go getter and mediator
- Talk and write flawless English
- Love to build something new from scratch
- Are a people inspirer, motivator and have entrepreneurial spirit
We look forward to your application via email with salary expectations and earliest possible availability.