Manager Software Engineering (m/f)
Beginn: März 2017
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Dreamlines is an innovative and fast growing online travel business on its way to become the global #1 online travel agency for cruises. Five years after founding, we are the leading portal for cruises in Europe and operate in Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Russia, Brazil and Australia.
The cruise market is one of the strongest growing segments of the travel market and is in transition from offline to online. Through the combination of self-developed and scalable technology with highly motivated consultants, we provide our customers with the best of both worlds.
We are supported by well-known venture capital funds such as Holtzbrinck Ventures, Hasso Plattner Ventures, Target Global, Dimaventures and TruVenturo.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Manager Software Engineering to help shape the future of the online cruise industry. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer with good people skills, strong vision and a “hands on” mentality. We are looking for people who enjoy guiding/developing a team of dedicated engineers and working with the product organisation in realising ground breaking products.
ABOUT THE JOB
On a daily basis you are responsible for a team of engineers and you own an important part of the overall Dreamlines platform. This means you do your own research about new developments, work with Product Owners to define product development and are submersed in the software engineering team on code standards, development methodologies and engineering practices. Your passion for technology is “full stack”: from front-end to back-end, infrastructure performance and other aspects of the application.
Previously you’ve been in a technology leadership position as development manager, team lead or architect. People regularly seek your advice or you find yourself discussing advantages and disadvantages of certain approaches. You have strong ideas about how systems should be engineered and enjoy validating these ideas with others. But you also enjoy training people on new developments and you are eager to raise the talent level within Dreamlines, either by training or recruitment.
- Strong knowledge in software engineering concepts within at least one of the main modern languages (e.g. C#, Java, PHP, NodeJS)
- Solid knowledge of frontend technologies (HTML, JS, CSS)
- Specific and strong views on engineering best practices (Unit testing, automated testing, Continuous Integration, Deployment)
- Proficient in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Good understanding of Internet technologies and data technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Passionate about technology and the Internet
- Must have run engineering teams before (size of the teams > 6 people)
WHAT DREAMLINES OFFERS
- Work environment which enables you to help shape essential parts of a growing e-commerce company
- Responsibility from Day One, flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- An international, performance oriented and growth stimulating company culture
Flexible working hours, grants for HVV-ProfiCard & bAV, free drinks & fruits, cruise & shopping discounts, company sports, team & company events on a regular basis
Have we caught your attention?
If so, send us your application in pdf format, including the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!