Marketing and Acquisition Lead/ Manager (m/f)
Marketing Business Development
Beginn: April 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
For our venture capital funded start-up CONJOULE we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Marketing and Acquisition Lead (m/f) for our rapidly growing team in Berlin.
CONJOULE will build the transactional IT infrastructure of the future decentralised energy world. It will achieve this by directly connecting people, businesses and assets in a peer 2 peer marketplace, redefining the roles of the market participants and redefining the transactional and trust models within energy. The technology focus is blockchain and its integration into energy products.
What is on offer: a demanding role that requires your total commitment to the product and team as we define the route together, a diverse role where you will be sparring with regulators and energy incumbents one day and building a new customer proposition to fundamentally transform energy markets the next – as well as personal recognition with the opportunity to change the energy world. It is a role for entrepreneurial pioneers who are willing to take a risk and join us on this journey.
We are looking for a senior marketing expert to lead the marketing operations. This includes being responsible for both corporate and product marketing, with a clear focus on product, especially during the growth phase of the venture.
What the role of Marketing Lead involves
- For our new venture you are responsible for all marketing activities with a strong focus especially in the growth phase on brand building and customer acquisition.
- Marketing activities have to cover demand generation for b2b customers as well as building a solid and broad offering for b2c.
- Our marketing will be clearly product-driven but must also include building awareness and positioning for the company with the general public and among relevant stakeholders.
- For brand building and customer acquisition, you will develop marketing concepts and plans and execute them alongside the relevant customer touch-points, online and offline.
- That includes (but not limited to) paid advertising, search engine marketing, social media marketing, website & landing pages as well as the use of growth marketing tactics.
- You will set up a digital-driven media relations strategy. This includes the development and execution of a content marketing and social media strategy to enable Conjoule to claim relevant topics for successful brand positioning and customer acquisition.
- Development of concepts for marketing partnerships and/or co-marketing activities, for example with b2b players on the demand side.
- Development and continuous maintenance of an ecosystem around our product consisting of partners and partnerships, key opinion leaders (KOLs) and influencers from the offline and online world.
- Development of website landing pages, campaign activities and implementation of testing scenarios, for example A/B or multivariate tests.
- Based on defined KPIs, you will generate continuously analysis, evaluations and reports and derive steps for optimising our marketing activities.
- Ensuring data quality and use of statistics and/or analytics software (or advanced Excel Records) to visualize data including dependencies.
- To support our marketing activities, you will build and steer a network of external partners, such as agencies and freelancers.
- Mid-term you will set-up and lead a marketing team that covers different specific marketing skills and capabilities.
- KPIs will include: customer acquisition to achieve business growth, conversion rates across marketing platforms, cost to acquire each customer, community management.
What you will bring to the role
- A university degree, ideally in business administration, management, marketing, social science, psychology
- Several years of experience of working in a professional environment with at least 4-5 years in a leading marketing role and international experience with a good network in your domain.
- Ideally, experience of working in a start-up
- A love of both thinking and doing.
- A well-informed marketing experience with strong “customer first” thinking and a holistic understanding of both the online and offline marketing world, as well as the skills for brand building and management.
- An online marketing knowledge that includes performance marketing, content marketing, social media, search engine marketing, email-marketing as well as growth marketing & growth hacking tactics.
- Offline Marketing skills.
- You are driven by numbers and data, with knowledge of how to use analytics.
- You are comfortable working in a flexible, agile and iterative environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- You are experienced working in agile working
- Excellent English and German language skills, written and spoken.
- To join us with a strong pioneer and entrepreneurial spirit, courage, creativity and passion for our vision.