Sales Manager (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We founded Wonder Workshop with one mission: to make coding fun and accessible for every child.
Founded in 2012 with headquarters in Silicon Valley, Wonder Workshop and its products have seen a tremendous growth in the US. Now we are coming to Europe and are looking for a talented Sales Manager to start and own the European sales strategy and day-to-day execution of our retailer and distribution partnerships.
Children will use our products like Dash, Dot, accessories and other robots in future to make memories and have fun - all while developing their problem solving skills, creative capacity, and sense of curiosity about how the world works. Join us to help shape the world children grow up in!
- Manage and optimize distributor relationships
- Create, sell and execute unique retail programs, events or promotions in the market, working closely with German and global marketing teams
- Develop business plans, productive listings, sales and inventory analysis, development of weekly item forecasts
- Own tracking and forecasting for product sell through and monitor channel demand vs. forecast
- Work closely with the Operations and Finance team to put in place an effective S&OP process.
- Establish retail growth strategy, including strategic partner selection, regional strategy, product assortment, and retail marketing
- Negotiate pricing and terms with retail customers and set up retail price list for existing and future products; pricing must meet internal margin requirements
- Organize retail marketing events to promote the brand and products and educate consumers; Identify key trade shows to attend and organize company booth
- Maintain retail customer relationships and lead joint business planning aimed at creating value for all parties involved
- Meet sales targets and manage retail marketing budget
- Monitor our performance at retail customers, including sales, inventory level, out of stocks, service level, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Operations, Finance, Accounting, Product Development, and Customer Service to drive implementation of retailer feedback
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, along with 3-7 years relevant key account experience, either having worked in retail or worked with retailers.
- Effective negotiation and leadership skills are essential along with the ability to successfully collaborate with customers
- Ability to analyze consumer data, articulate data into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to effectively build and maintain relationships
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to move fast, make adjustments quickly, and drive impact
- Budgeting skills – must be able to look at the required retail marketing budget by retailer and evaluate based on percent of sales metrics.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to deliver clear and concise messaging to consumers as well as presenting recommendations to internal leadership in English and German
- Extra bonus points for experience in a startup environment or working with physical, kids-focused products
- Ability and willingness to travel
You'll join an amazing team from the likes of Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Airbnb, Microsoft, LEGO, and education PhDs. You will report to the Head of Europe and help build the expanding European team and its culture. We are all passionate and dedicated to educating children, user experience, and (of course) robots!
We are working together with the agency DONE! (www.doneberlin.com) to find the best talents. Apply now or contact us if you're interested in learning more at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to hear from you asap!