UI / UX Designer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
About us Matmatch is a materials search platform that connects engineers and material suppliers through the most comprehensive materials database in the world. We enable engineers, product designers and procurement teams to find the best materials and suppliers for their job. On the supplier-side, Matmatch provides an exciting new channel to generate qualified leads, promote materials and gain market insight. We are based out of central Munich with the aim to become the go-to-platform for all material related needs of customers all over the world. We are a multicultural team of smart and curious individuals, with a diverse mix of experience across materials science, startups, and enterprise businesses.
For more information visit our website.
Key responsibilities We’re looking for an exceptional UI/UX Designer (m/f) who will be a creative force in our projects, inspire colleagues with original ideas, strategic thinking and exceptional craftsmanship, across our digital experience.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders, including product, engineers, material science and marketing in drafting & brainstorming initial concepts
- Work closely with Head Of Product to set the vision for our interfaces and experiences
- Create user experience goals, priorities, and deliverables that align with project milestones
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, prototypes and user flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Take ownership of design and establish guidelines for our product design
- Create user stories for design initiatives.Identify and troubleshoot UX problems on the website (e.g. complicated or broken functionality)
- Carry overall responsibility for corporate design / corporate identity & ensure it is followed company-wide
- Close collaboration with the frontend engineers to support the implementation of UI/UX improvements to the site
What we offer
- The chance to get on board with a young and growing company
- An exciting role in which you will have a significant impact on the company’s future
- A strong multicultural team and a dynamic environment
- Flat hierarchies and a “speak-up” mentality where different perspectives are valued
- Competitive salaries
- Apple equipment incl. a MacBook Pro and 2x 27 inch 1440p displays
- Modern Tools for communication like Slack and GitLab
- Free German classes
- Much more…
What we are looking for
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills (native or equivalent)
- 2-3 years of experience working in the field of user experience and visual design.
- To help us build a really awesome product you need to be able to communicate with our software engineers - so the more tech talk you can speak the better. Massive Bonus points if you have ever built something yourself.
- Portfolio displaying experience with design and strategy that meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals.
- Experience creating design solutions and receiving feedback within an user centered and iterative design process.
- Knowledge of UX/UI patterns and principles.
- Experience working in a fast paced and agile environment