Mobile Automation Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
The world of digital applications is in constant change. Users are increasingly demanding and expect nothing less than perfection. Therefore only great apps win. That’s where Applause, and its 360° approach to app quality, provides companies with a competitive advantage. As the world's leading mobile testing company, Applause maximizes the quality of mobile applications, websites and software by combining testing services and tools like "in-the-wild" testing. Since our launch in 2008 we have partnered with our customers to help them deliver apps that win. Reaching the Forbes ranking for the "Most Promising Companies" three years in a row speaks for itself.
To help us grow our community we are now looking for a:
MOBILE AUTOMATION ENGINEER (m/f)
The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, able to work autonomously, and communicate clearly with a variety of groups such as software development, customer support, and project management. Additionally, this role will require a high level of proficiency and ability to clearly convey the advantages of test automationas they will need to achieve buy-in by all key stake holders.
- 6 month contract, part-time, freelance
- 2 weeks on-site in Berlin (DE) or London (UK), full-time
- Aid in development of the mobile automation platform by designing and developing automated tools and libraries based on in-house need.
- Automate backlog of existing manual test cases using the tools and platforms created.
- Write and maintain automation scripts using Java.
- Investigate and root cause issues uncovered by automated test suites
- Capture, analyze, record, and verify defects using the defect tracking system.
- Aid in training test engineers on test case design for automation and on the automation tools and platforms.
- Perform peer code reviews of automated tests.
- Provide technical feedback to product management and development.
- Participate in Agile burn down project tracking that requires you provide estimates and report time spent daily.
- Experience with Appium
- Experience with an OO programming language like Java, C++ or C# (minimum of 3 years).
- Experience with object oriented development.
- Experience in manual test role.
- Experience in a software test automation role. Understanding of how test automation is different than manual testing.
- Understanding of how test execution is insufficient without in-depth verification.
- Experience automating Web Service API testing, functional workflow testing, performance testing, and system setup and upgrade testing.
- Responsible, team-oriented, self-starter, proactive.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.